Upper fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lr4KP

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to access the upper fuse box in a 2010 lr4. From my understanding it’s behind the upper glove box

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
There are 2 main fuse boxes, one in the engine bay and the other behind the lower glove box. Just drop the lower glove box and pinch the plastic latch in to completely drop the lower glove box to reveal the fuse panel behind it.

US version is just the opposite side, but same thing shown in this video.

Lr4KP

Reaction score
There are 2 main fuse boxes, one in the engine bay and the other behind the lower glove box. Just drop the lower glove box and pinch the plastic latch in to completely drop the lower glove box to reveal the fuse panel behind it.

US version is just the opposite side, but same thing shown in this video.
According to the internet there is another one behind the upper glove box. I have checked all the ones in the fuse box you referenced.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I promise you there's no fuse box behind the upper glove box. If you feel compelled to find out, you'll need to remove the center console to remove the center passenger air vent and the outer air vent to access prying out the plastic glove box. You need to pry on it till you think you're about to break it. I had to do it to put my ham radio in there.

Here's a video of a complete dash removal, but you just need to remove the gear selector, center dash trim, center passenger vent, outer passenger vent, and (27:28 mark) upper glove box.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I promise you there's no fuse box behind the upper glove box. If you feel compelled to find out, you'll need to remove the center console to remove the center passenger air vent and the outer air vent to access prying out the plastic glove box. You need to pry on it till you think you're about to break it. I had to do it to put my ham radio in there.

Here's a video of a complete dash removal, but you just need to remove the gear selector, center dash trim, center passenger vent, outer passenger vent, and (27:28 mark) upper glove box.
Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 6.42.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 6.41.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 6.42.23 AM.png

Would this be what he is referring to?

Lr4KP

Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to figure out?
After 3” of rain I came out and my headliner was wet and I noticed some water near the infotainment screen. Now the screen is black and when I use my gap tool it gives me a code saying the body control module has lost communication

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Would this be what he is referring to?
Interesting... I had no idea there's a fuse box behind the upper glove box. That would be THE worst place to put one, because it's hard as h-e-c-k to get to.

I've personally opened it up and there's nothing back there on my '11 LR4. Here's an electrical wiring diagram of mine and it's pretty true to it, well at least for me. FYI, that BCM/Fuse box on the right is 100% accessible from the lower glove box and while you're in there you can change out your cabin filter.

1690294390707.png

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be anything.
You would need to check which module for the infotainment system is off line .
The modules communicate with each other via a fiber optic cable.

There are fiber optic bypass loops that you can buy and just eliminate one by one.
ie: unplug the audio amplifier, install the bypass loop. If the infotainment screen comes up, amplifier is bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM