Upper Trunk Won’t Open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnycakes

Reaction score
Thanks! I got the upper tailgate open with letting the dying actuator rest. Then I opened up the lower tailgate and ripped off al of the foam water seal. I can pay $100 deductible to my warranty company to let the LR dealer fix it- if they for some reason deny the claim, I’ll just pick up the parts and change it myself.
Appreciate all the help!

HarryO

Reaction score
Downloaded from AULRO Site - easy todo..

Attachments

• Tailgate repair.doc
    276.5 KB · Views: 80

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll prolly need to zip tie the latch on the lower tailgate in the open position. Atlantic British sells the whole kit but you really just need the actuator for the latch. Honestly its worth the money to just get the whole thing (actuator, latch, water shredder) and sleep well at night.

The only reason I didn't install the latch (AB accepted it back for credit) is because it looked like it required an adjustment if I replaced the old one. I guess I could have marked its location with tape or something but after inspecting it I decided not to replace a perfectly functional part that was correctly aligned. But I did go into the project with your same mindset.

Definitely recommend using the new water shedder as the old one will get pretty mangled when you remove it. My thought is that if Land Rover saw fit to give internal components water protection, who am I to disregard that. Who knows more about shorted out electronics than our beloved LR?

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason I didn't install the latch (AB accepted it back for credit) is because it looked like it required an adjustment if I replaced the old one. I guess I could have marked its location with tape or something but after inspecting it I decided not to replace a perfectly functional part that was correctly aligned. But I did go into the project with your same mindset.

Definitely recommend using the new water shedder as the old one will get pretty mangled when you remove it. My thought is that if Land Rover saw fit to give internal components water protection, who am I to disregard that. Who knows more about shorted out electronics than our beloved LR?
great point...i left it out after i destroyed the old one. Ill buy another shield and install in this weekend

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi