Very excited...I'm stuck at work and wife couldn't wait. She's buying the LR3 now....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drew888 said:

I also start a new job this Mon. & I'm excited about that. I may go buy a new car for me as well...Hmmmm what to get?....

RRS Turbo? :)

Drew888

Reaction score
Uh...I don't make that much..

If I could yes very good choice. Although not the pinnacle of high performance, I very much like the Cayman S, or the older 993 Turbo.

Askewed...your right-no worries here, I understood your humor from the get go.

For the rest of you...you may have to read his posts several times before responding, except for Todd...he knows you and shoots back... good stuff.

Am I really going to miss much if I just go get it and not have the salesman try to show me every little gadget? I'm an IT manager, shoot...I'll figure the dang thing out.

Anyway, I am itching to drive my DANG TRUCK!!!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll figure it out. The manual isn't a bad read. I flipped through it all one evening I had to sit in the ER waiting for my wife to get her finger stitched up. (she reached for my LR3 keys and I had to cut her. we can't have that kind of behavior. :)

If I had to get a 2nd car right now, I might go for a Camry Hyrbrid. You'd have the off road gas guzzling full featured fun of your LR3, and then balance it out with a reliable plush car with good gas mileage. Would be a good pair IMO. I know, its not european luxury car plush, but the camry is comfortable and will get you where you're going.

Drew888

Reaction score
Older Camrys' ...yuck, new ones are nicer than I ever expected.

I have been searching like mad and I have narrowed it down to the Subaru Legacy GT turbo. After $1500 in mods it rewards you with enough luxury to get by, great handling, and a 0-60 in 4.9 sec., all while enjoying 28mpg on the hwy.
I have yet to find this perfornmance level and accomodate all the other things as well.

Most don't believe a Subaru is capable. If interested check out LegacyGT.com

Drew888

Reaction score
Heck for 8k more I could get into an M3 convertable...Hmmm, then the $ and gas mileage thing.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have ours for a week now - can identify with your excitement - it is probably the next best machine to the 996. the "command" postion and the seats are surperb.

had an M3 coupe - if i were to get another it would also be the cab; practicle seating and with SMG is wild.

Drew888

Reaction score
The look of the current M3 is absolutely intoxicating, love it, but I had never heard one at high rpm until I raced one. Glad it was from a stop as he would have killed me from a roll.

OMG! That sound!

Drew888

Reaction score
Oh by the way....We go pick it up after I go get the kids tonight. Can't wait to get it into my garage!

Drew888

Reaction score
Ok, a week later after taking delivery.

Very very nice, I could only find fault in two areas (and that really isn't an issue), one is the gas mileage. We started at 9 and now up to 13.2... OUCH! Second is the overly plastic dash. Nice but a bit much.

Love that Logic 7 sound (it's not my Paradigm reference home system...come on it's a truck) sounds great! Love it...

It's heavy, boy is it heavy. Unless you really step on the gas to feel that 300hp it feeels heavy. If you do step on it...bye bye what little gas mileage you were getting.

I'll really miss our ML but love the LR too much to care :)

P.S. our Logic 7 turned up to 25 gives us no rattles at all, afraid to go higher...too loud.

Drew,

kosta

Reaction score
hey all,
i've been reading these posts for the last few months in order to help with my decision...i've been seriously considering an LR3 since it debuted. i've driven it several times (local dealer test drives), and i LOVE this truck!! it's now decision time, as the lease on my current vehicle is up soon. although i've seen a lot of 'frustrating' problems for many, overall it seems that if you choose a good dealer, and thoroughly check out their service department (confirming that proper loaners will be available) you should be okay - it also seems as though getting an extended 'bumper to bumper' warranty may be worth the $$$$...i'm pretty much set on ordering a white exterior/beige interior V8HSE...also considering the new ML 350, but i keep coming back to the LR3...any advice?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635