Very intermittent problem - Smart Key Not Found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah but the key has to be communicating continuously(or at least in regular intervals) with the vehicle/module. Otherwise, how would it know as soon as you take the key outside the vehicle after starting it? Gives you a warning.
This is just a guess, but it would make sense for the car to be the one that is actively checking for the key. The key fob battery is just too small to last as long as it does if it was transmitting all the time. I really think the battery is only for transmitting out an RF signal when you hit a button.

In any case, I recently had the key management system (KVM, I think) updated by a dealership and all the erratic behavior I had in my 2013 went away. So, I there must have been some bugs in the original firmware.

SeaRoverNW

Reaction score
Had exactly the same problem. Removed fuse#17 (I dont know why the instruction sez P17, there are no Ps only Fs) waited a couple of minutes problem solved.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635