Vibration when accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael99b

Reaction score
FYI....I still have the vibration when mildly accelerating from 65 or so. I still think it's a sixth gear issue. It is totally annoying to me. I'm just living with it until my lease expires in 12 months, since I'm tired of getting blank looks at the dealer. I can't wait to get rid of this piece of crap. This is the most poorly engineered car I've had since my 94 Explorer...oh yeah, another Ford product, imagine that.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michael99b said:
This is the most poorly engineered car I've had since my 94 Explorer...oh yeah, another Ford product, imagine that.

Uh...I think you mean 94 Exploder! :) I had one of those, too. I'm sorry to hear that you hate your LR3. The vibration problem is the only one that I've had on my '06 HSE. I love this vehicle and I really hope that they come up with a fix soon. I suspect the torque converter but getting the dealer to replace that would be next to impossible.

Anyone else having this problem that got it fixed?

CKJordan

Reaction score
Any update on this. I have a 05 SE with 50K. In SPORT mode the issue goes away. I hate to keep on kicking it down when crusing the Interstate at 70 to 80 and my wife is starting to look at me like w.t.f... Help Anyone.....

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies

I forgot to post about my last trip to the dealer. We recently moved to SoCal and used Land Rover Miramar (San Diego) for the 15k service. I explained the problem to the service writer exactly as we all have experienced it, but she had not heard of the issue before. To my shock and amazement, a software update fixed it. :smile: They also fixed numerous small issues such as sunroof timing, speaker rattle, nav screen flicker, etc. They did all of this as well as the 15k service and only kept the car for one night.

My only gripe is that they acknowledged uneven tire wear due to misalignment, but stated that they hadn't worn fast enough to qualify for an alignment under warranty. :confused: Honestly, is was so glad that the transmission was fixed that I didn't argue and I paid for the alignment.

I would encourage anyone with this issue to ask their dealer to update all engine/transmission software. Good luck, all!

Cheers!

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd they fix your speaker rattle? I had my speaker replaced, but it still rattles... :hmpf:

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some kind of acoustic foam and tape. I don't know exactly. The sheet metal still resonated at very high levels, but all in all it's much better.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been having the same problem for almost 2 months now and it is driving me crazy as well. I drive on the Texas highways very frequently and this issue is very frustrating. I brought it into the deal a week ago and they updated the tranny software and said they fixed it; however, the problem persists. I am scheduling another service soon for this issue and will post if they have a definite fix for it.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to have time to go to the dealer, anyone have any updates on this problem?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut