Vibration when accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the EXACT same issue when accelerating slowly from 65 or 70 mph. Once you get past the initial rumble, it accelerates normally. The problem seems worse when on a slight incline. I have 30k miles and the problem just started last week. I have been using 93 octane It does feel like an octane issue similar to something we all had in our mid 70's american cars, but I seriosuly doubt that the octane is an issue since my octane has always been 93. Anyone have a similar issue and get it diagnosed and fixed correctly?

Anyone have an idea what this is? My truck is doing something very similar

Drome

Reaction score
I would try cleaning your injectors. I use BG 44k. I let it get to 1/4 tank. Pour in the whole can. I then run it at highway speed for about 25 miles. Then top it off with 93 octane. If it doesn't solve your problem you have at least done your maintenance.

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read through this and it seems as though it is software related, but I thought I'd share a non-LR experience that's similar to help those who may have a different cause for a similar symptom.

My daughter's A4 was having weird vibrations at certain speeds that took me awhile to figure out. On her Audi it was a worn center bearing on the rear drive shaft, specifically the rubber that suspended the bearing in the mount. Audi's fix is a new $1200+ complete driveshaft, but some entrepreneurial person on eBay figured out what the bearing was and sold them separately.

Anyway,it may not be the issue, but it's easy to check and rule out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA