Warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a 2005 LR3 with 37K miles on it. This would no longer be covered under the factory warranty, correct?

~Josh

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Josh, the warranty starts ticking on the "in service date" of the car, when it first got sold or titled or used as a fleet loaner by LR/dealer. It's not the model year, but the actual date that you need to know, as some cars are sold very late in the year or early the next year, even.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Josh, the warranty starts ticking on the "in service date" of the car, when it first got sold or titled or used as a fleet loaner by LR/dealer. It's not the model year, but the actual date that you need to know, as some cars are sold very late in the year or early the next year, even.

Thanks!

~Josh

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yep, it all depends on when the vehicle went into service. Just call your local Land Rover dealership with the VIN and they should be able to quickly tell you the exact date that the warranty expires. If you can purchase an LR3 with even just a small amount of warranty left, you can then qualify for an extended warranty plan. People here seem to like Ford ESP or the actual Land Rover extended warranties. My warranty expires on my 06 in March of 2010, and I am planning on keeping the vehicle for another 3-4 years. I am still trying to decide whether to get the extended or not. I probably will.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99