We have to figure out how to disable the GPS "safety"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, different OEM manufacturer entirely and no common electronics.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's built into the system. To my knowledge, it reads it straight off the bus. The Navigation/Touchscreen system is fully aware of your vehicle's state... it's more than casual integration. How do you think 4x4 Info works? :)

T

Tomasz

Do the NAV systems in Europe have the same "feature"? If not, we need to get the European firmware. Vwry doable, but we will need a ********* software geek. (I am not it.) But I know of people working on a similair solution for Audi NAVS. (and all they want to get rid off there is the 1st warning screen.)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's worldwide. Sorry. Both the lawyer warning and the safety lock-out.

On a side note, did you know you can bizarrely select a new (not pre-saved) destination by scrolling around/zooming and tapping a location? Strange feature. (You can do this while in motion.)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sgllr3

grommet said:
Yes, it's worldwide. Sorry. Both the lawyer warning and the safety lock-out.

On a side note, did you know you can bizarrely select a new (not pre-saved) destination by scrolling around/zooming and tapping a location? Strange feature. (You can do this while in motion.)

Point #1:
Even if the European version didn't have the ****** lock-out, you might be left with a metric only system. Hopefully some hack will find it worth his/her time to subvert the lock-out. I don't mind the lawyer warning so much. It doesn't impede my use of the vehicle in a significant way.

Point #2:
If I knew how to find a specific location/address I wanted by scrolling through the map, then I suppose I wouldn't need the nav to begin with.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sgllr3 said:
Point #2:
If I knew how to find a specific location/address I wanted by scrolling through the map, then I suppose I wouldn't need the nav to begin with.
I didn't say it was very useful, just bizarre. :)

J

jcegold

I am a new land rover lr3 owner (well the wife is). I know this isn’t a GMC how ever when I installed my factory Cadillac nav system in my 04 2500HD duramax there is a wire that I had to hook up to my Speedo I installed a toggle switch it does fool the system. So if the GPS is telling the head unit you are moving. Then when in tunnels your head unit would think you are staying still wouldn’t it? Does any one have the wiring diagram for the plugs in the head unit?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jcegold, as I posted earlier, it's a bit more integrated than that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112