Well, I put a deposit down for a 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHS14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there! First post for me. I'm looking to purchase an LR4 in the near future and was told LR4's are scarce nation wide because LR is trying to fill new RR and RRS orders. Makes sense but are those things flying off the shelves? I haven't even seen one on the road yet.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Bummed out about the V6. All I can do now is wait and see.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it will still be a fantastic truck. That 8 speed transmission is so smooth and I've only read good things about the engine.
It's also probably for later in 2014... We'll see.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it will still be a fantastic truck. That 8 speed transmission is so smooth and I've only read good things about the engine.
It's also probably for later in 2014... We'll see.

Well, I can't wait much beyond October. So if it is later, I may have to look at a used one or perhaps consider something else.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These 2014 updates seem like a huge waste of money by Tata. The changes are so minor, why not put these dollars into truly making the next-gen a great vehicle.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did the same thing with the LR2 (new engine, new interior, same body, same frame). Think also about the Evoque and the 9 speed transmission. All of the parts they use are already used on other products of the company there's not much development needed and it helps with fuel regulations. On top of this it brings slightly outdated vehicles to a more contemporary level which in the end improves the sales. Tata's sales are literally going through the roof with these changes. It seems to be a good strategy for them.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is the closest anyone has come to confirming the '14 for US will get the V6. Although the V6 isn't a V8, it is getting very good reviews, sounds absolutely fantastic, and achieves really good fuel numbers. Yeah, it ain't a V8... but it's not terrible. And the 8-speed is a marvel. Just think, the LR3 has the 300 hp dog. And people still love them, and bought many of them. Even the FFRR had that 300 hp V8... It was only starting in 2010 that LR started putting this insanely powerful V8 in the standard HSEs. We got really spoiled. And the NA 5.0 V8 is a little bit of overkill when you think about it. So it's not the end of the world. I will miss that V8 sound though... not the hp as much...

I am feeling closer to being $50 bucks richer though. ;-)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635