Well, I put a deposit down for a 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Bummed out about the V6. All I can do now is wait and see.
The '14 will be refreshed and sweet, you get a new dash, more soft-touch materials, and the 8-speed too! I always welcome more luxury on a product like this!... and I think if the V8 isn't be all for you... you'll like the V6. Just read the feedback from the FFRR guys, who just got delivery of their '14 Range Rovers... they're saying the V6 is smooth and far more powerful than they imagined... they like it a lot. I think you'll love your '14.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is the closest anyone has come to confirming the '14 for US will get the V6.

I am feeling closer to being $50 bucks richer though. ;-)

I'm starting to wish I were a gambler ;)

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '14 will be refreshed and sweet, you get a new dash, more soft-touch materials, and the 8-speed too! I always welcome more luxury on a product like this!... and I think if the V8 isn't be all for you... you'll like the V6. Just read the feedback from the FFRR guys, who just got delivery of their '14 Range Rovers... they're saying the V6 is smooth and far more powerful than they imagined... they like it a lot. I think you'll love your '14.

I'm sure it will be nice. My wife, who is more mpg-conscious was rooting for the more efficient drivetrain. I don't really care for any decrease in performance since I felt the LR4 was faster than it needed to be for the vehicle that it is. But the smoothness and sound of the V8 will be missed.

Also, to do an even swap without lowering the price (heck, they'll probably raise it,), lessens the value proposition. Let's hope the 8-speed is very good and keeps the engine on boil.

But hopefully the tweaks will make fresh and make me forget about the V8 at lest most of the time. I will welcome the extended fuel range.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am feeling closer to being $50 bucks richer though. ;-)

LOL. Well, the article does say that the existing V8 will be "joined" by the supercharged V6 engine, so perhaps both power plants will be offered starting in 2014, like the old days when the LR3 came in both V6 and V8 options. I still don't believe it'll happen in 2014, but if it does I guess we owe each other 50 bucks? :confused:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. Well, the article does say that the existing V8 will be "joined" by the supercharged V6 engine, so perhaps both power plants will be offered starting in 2014, like the old days when the LR3 came in both V6 and V8 options. I still don't believe it'll happen in 2014, but if it does I guess we owe each other 50 bucks? :confused:
:) Good point in offering both options. If that does happen, want to settle by buying and sending a gift to each other that is around $50 bucks? Like Secret Santa. I can take a pic of what you buy me and you can take a pic of what I buy you and we can post it here. That could be really funny.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, may it's just wishful thinking, but re-reading the article AxelR posted it suggests LR might offer both concurrently, no?

In the U.S., the LR4 is currently offered with one powertrain: a 5.0-liter V-8 rated at 375 horsepower and 375 pound-feet of torque.

For the updated model, expect this unit to be joined by Land Rover’s new supercharged 3.0-liter V-6. The supercharged V-6 has already been announced for the latest Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models where it delivers 340 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque.

Another change for the 2014 LR4 will be a standard eight-speed automatic instead of the current six-speeder. This alone should help improve the SUV's fuel economy.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quijote,
Having the option to pick the V6 or the V8...
Which one would you pick?
I'm wondering what the mpg difference will look like as well.
I would go with the V8. Love the sound of it. After growing mainly in Europe I still find gas prices somewhat low here in the States ;)

Axel

PS: will we really have the choice...
PS2: I would end up picking the V6 for the environment :(

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say no to the V8. Unless the V6 has a huge mpg improvement.

I agree with you. However I am sure the V6 will pull as hard as the V8 (especially with the 8 speed)

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. However I am sure the V6 will pull as hard as the V8 (especially with the 8 speed)

It may be close. But how a car feels, how smooth, and how it sounds is important to me. Also, a sc engine by definition is more complex and more unreliable- not to say it isn't reliable. Long-term reliability is unknown, whereas the 5.0 V8 seems to be VERY reliable. Think about all the ******** people do about LR's, yet I have not seen ONE complaint about motor issues after 4 years in production and many vehicles with several tens of thousands of miles.

Finally, while I welcome ANY improvement in range and fuel economy. I work 4 miles form home and I am in a very convenient location so I have almost everything fairly nearby. I will also likely put under 10k miles per year, probably closer to 8k, so fuel costs are not that big an issue.

I found estimates that the V6 SC LR4 would improve by about 2mpg. Not bad (especially as a proportion of the current 12mpg city), but it will never be a fuel sipper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635