Well, I put a deposit down for a 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be close. But how a car feels, how smooth, and how it sounds is important to me. Also, a sc engine by definition is more complex and more unreliable- not to say it isn't reliable. Long-term reliability is unknown, whereas the 5.0 V8 seems to be VERY reliable. Think about all the ******** people do about LR's, yet I have not seen ONE complaint about motor issues after 4 years in production and many vehicles with several tens of thousands of miles.

Finally, while I welcome ANY improvement in range and fuel economy. I work 4 miles form home and I am in a very convenient location so I have almost everything fairly nearby. I will also likely put under 10k miles per year, probably closer to 8k, so fuel costs are not that big an issue.

I found estimates that the V6 SC LR4 would improve by about 2mpg. Not bad (especially as a proportion of the current 12mpg city), but it will never be a fuel sipper.

Quijote,

We are in a similar situation. I work about 5 miles from where I live (which leads to wonder why am I not riding my bike instead of driving - answer: just got the Land Rover and love driving it).

When I drive solely in the city, my mpg (according to the dashboard) is around 9mpg. I've done the calculation a couple times and it's pretty accurate.
In combined driving, I'm at 13.4mpg.

I wouldn't say that I'm light footed but I'm not a maniac either. However the only way to hear the V8 is to drive in sport and really go for it...

In the end, it doesn't really matter how much gas goes through as it such a pleasure to drive and does seem very reliable.

Axel

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to drop off my and pick up my kids from school, so I have to drive. But then I also have my 997TT, so except for winter I won;t even drive the LR4 everyday.

But we do go shopping, to outings, and on family vacations - which include a couple of trips a year to Montreal (wife is from there) and after we get this SUV, we plan on going to northern New England more often (camping, skiiing, etc).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635