Well, I put a deposit down for a 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no formal info, but the dealer was much better than the last.

It seems dealers in New England don't deal right now. The absolute best I could haggle from them was $1500 off. He said right now they are selling '13's on the lot for full MSRP because demand is so high.

I don't really have the energy to shop around all over the place, nor to travel out of state for $500, but if I find out I can get a car elsewhere in New England for $2500-3000 off, I'll go that way.

At least I am first in line. We'll see.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you buddy.

Can't wait to hear more about when it will arrive, etc. Very exciting.

I will eagerly watch your posts, and when I am in MA, will have to take a look at the 2014.

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you buddy.

Can't wait to hear more about when it will arrive, etc. Very exciting.

I will eagerly watch your posts, and when I am in MA, will have to take a look at the 2014.

-David

Absolutely! They expect deliveries in October, although he did say that the first few may not be "configurable," meaning they get a few pre-configured, and the second wave is configurable for custom orders. Hopefully I wont get the car in November! Hey, it is what it is.

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you held out for the '14. It's what you wanted and Oct will be here in no time. $1500 off seems the norm, sure, some of us scored some good deals here and there but perfect timing plays a factor, so sometimes striking it can be more effort than it's really worth. Congrats.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no formal info, but the dealer was much better than the last.

It seems dealers in New England don't deal right now. The absolute best I could haggle from them was $1500 off. He said right now they are selling '13's on the lot for full MSRP because demand is so high.

I don't really have the energy to shop around all over the place, nor to travel out of state for $500, but if I find out I can get a car elsewhere in New England for $2500-3000 off, I'll go that way.

At least I am first in line. We'll see.

Congrats,
It seems to be pretty impossible to get a great deal here in New England as you stated.
Which dealership did you end up dealing with?
Can't wait to see your new ride with the SC V6 ;)

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats,
It seems to be pretty impossible to get a great deal here in New England as you stated.
Which dealership did you end up dealing with?
Can't wait to see your new ride with the SC V6 ;)

Sudbury LR.

I'm assuming it will be the SC V6, but if it stays with the V8 I'll be very happy.

Saw this today.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/land-rover-discovery-revamp-way

No mention of the engine, but it would appear they may be tweaking a few things. We'll see.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you held out for the '14. It's what you wanted and Oct will be here in no time. $1500 off seems the norm, sure, some of us scored some good deals here and there but perfect timing plays a factor, so sometimes striking it can be more effort than it's really worth. Congrats.

Yup. Timing is everything. But the Boston area is though. Every time I got a great deal on a car, I had to go out of state.

Also, remember that this is not $1500 of a 2013, but first in line of the next model year. So I figure that whatever I am losing out of on the discount, I'll make up for having a newer model year. He made it pretty clear that I would never have gotten better than that on a 2013, and in fact said that if I don't take the car there would be 4 people he could sell it to at MSRP. Sales talk, I'm sure, but he said they are not discounting ANY cars, much less 2014's to be ordered. He offered me the discount only because I went to them over the local dealer so he kind of considered it a conquest sale.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to lose the V8 vs V6 bet... But even if it comes with the V6 and 8sp tranny the reviews for the new FFRR and RRS using that configuration have been very positive. I also think the LCI for '14 LR4 is going to provide a nice, fresh, but subtle look. The new headlights should look pretty good. The side mirrors too. And likely a new set of rim options!

Last edited:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I grew up in Germany I stay in touch with it reading the news and car magazines.

I came accross this article a month ago. Someone mentioned it in the news thread.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...er-disco-kommt-in-zwei-versionen-6504649.html

They are stating that the Discovery 5 will be out for 2014 and will have an aluminum based structure. However they do not mention anything about the engine or the gearbox.
The last picture is a rendering which was done by their in-house graphic designer.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I grew up in Germany I stay in touch with it reading the news and car magazines.

I came accross this article a month ago. Someone mentioned it in the news thread.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...er-disco-kommt-in-zwei-versionen-6504649.html

They are stating that the Discovery 5 will be out for 2014 and will have an aluminum based structure. However they do not mention anything about the engine or the gearbox.
The last picture is a rendering which was done by their in-house graphic designer.

I saw that but I don't buy it. I mean, unless they love that shape so much that they designed a whole new chassis and left the shape untouched (virtually impossible). I think it may well get a mild re-fresh like headlights, bumpers, maybe even the interior (doubtful, since that got upgraded 4 years ago and an all-new model is due in 1-2 years). If they touch the interior at all, I expect it to be just a new steering wheel and maybe NAV.

I think if the all-new model were coming out, we would have heard a LOT more by now and would have seen many heavily camouflaged development mules. Those pictures show an LR4 with tape over the headlights going a bit more into the grill like the new RR's. That's about it.

Maybe they didn't want the LR4 to look too boxy (even if only for 1 or 2 years) next to all the new-style models.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635