Went to use hitch...surprise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManontheMove

Reaction score
Different question for howarduff: For your 2007 LR3, did you ever get a tune up and how many miles did it have on when you had the work done? I have the same model and it does not hold idle when stopped at lights and such. It has 136,000 miles and the engine and tranny seem to be in decent working order.

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had a tune up. I traded it in with a little over 84K miles. Are you showing any codes. If you don't have a reader take it to a auto parts store they will read it for free.

sonicpix

Reaction score
Out of pure luck, got a hitch from a guy off kijiji for $200 Canadian. He was about 500km away. Sent and email anyone to see if he was coming my way and his wife was. It was rebuilt and in goof working order.

Am considering buy the AB wiring harness but in the video he said one thing that I wondered. He said you may have to take it to an LR dealership to get it reprogrammed to let the vehicle know you have a harness attached, because of the change in voltage. Did anyone else have to do this?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, my AB wiring harness worked fine without any reprogramming. The AB installation video was very helpful. Only hard part was getting the wiring through the hole in the bumper. After rotating it a few times you figure it out.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, my AB wiring harness worked fine without any reprogramming. The AB installation video was very helpful.

Ditto. I’ve installed the AB harness on a 2011 and a 2013 LR4, both of them HSE trim and no special towing electronics installed. Neither required further programming and both worked/work flawlessly.

I had the same issue getting the connector into the mounting hole. It’s like a puzzle where you think there’s no way there is clearance for this to work, and then it finally slips into place. I had a tough time with the mounting screws being ridiculously tight but it all worked out and was worth the effort. A satisfying DIY project.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72