Wife wrecked her Disco. Upgrade to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMann

Reaction score
Hello, my name Is Kevin. I'm from Mobile, Alabama but now live in the Denver area of Colorado.

As the title States, my wife's 98 Disco 1 was recently totaled where she T-bone the crap out of a lady driving some kind of newer Audi SUV (Q3 I think) who pulled out in front of her back in early October. She was doing a full 40mph when she hit the Audi. It tore up that Audi. I could have driven the Disco home but the bumper was pushed in behind the front drivers tire so I could only turn left. My wife is ok, she was just a bit sore. But I hated that Land Rover because I was always fixing something on it a few times a month. Also, the airbag didn't deploy, which really doesn't surprise me. That Disco was such an electrical hunk of junk. I've had to take apart so many things and clean contacts, resolder everything that had solder because they were all cold solder joints. Among so many other things as well. I think the only thing I haven't done was rebuild the engine and transmission. Land Rover had that honor when I was in Afghanistan otherwise it would have been me doing it. Anyway, I'm glad that thing is gone and that it didn't **** my wife in the process.

So a few weeks ago we picked up a 2010 LR4 HSE for $32k out the door. Had it checked out by the LR dealer and it's in tip top shape. They showed me the maintenance history and there are no major issues on record so that is a good sign. As soon as I saw that I called the salesman and told him to close the deal.
So far we love it and now I want one of my own lol.

I came here to learn some things about our new vehicle and hopefully this forum isn't plagued by issues that many auto forums have. At least not as bad anyway. I look forward to learning an interacting with all of you here.

IMAG0087.jpg

10429509_891653057513780_371201810822242977_n.jpg

10513340_891653034180449_4350846629991602676_n.jpg

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your main problems might be a air pump replacement, breaks will las any were from 12k - 18k, bushings go out on it very fast. So far that's what I have seen people here complaint about it. I did my bushings on my 2011 with 30k on it, my breaks with 37k on it. Bushings were 600 all LR original for the front lower control arms. Breaks were 550 for pads (I turned my rotors so next time its new ones for me), front and back.

KMann

Reaction score
Is this one of those vehicles where I will know the bushings have gone out just by feeling and hearing it or is it like my subaru where they could be gone for thousands of miles and you can't tell unless you visually inspect them?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9