Will I need a new suspension air compressor eventually?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2006 LR3 SE 4.0L with 34K miles. Great truck and I plan on keeping it for quite some time. This forum is a great resource for maintenance issues, DIY, etc. I understand the suspension compressors do go out and are also subject to damage. Although I don't need it now I have an opportunity to pick up a brand new LR compressor for under $200 bucks. Does it make sense to jump on it and have it on hand for when or if I ever need it. The price seems right.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need a new everything over a long enough period of time. j/k

Is it a leveling compressor or a ride height one? They are different. I would pick it up honestly. They are like 600-700 from most suppliers that I have seen. If anything sell it for half that and make some money.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears to be the "levelling" compressor. I was not aware of another. Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks.

Attachments

• lr3.jpg
    lr3.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 148

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be mistaken in my original reply, but I think I read somewhere they are seperate.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had the LR3 for a few weeks so I won't stake my life on it but I'm pretty sure there is just the one. Of course, there are a number of things that will need to be replaced as the vehicles ages and you can't predict what and when. I'm just thinking that if it is likely to go at 80k, 100k, 120k it would be nice to have one on hand that only cost me say $180 instead of $700 when I'm in a crunch for it.

Trynian

Reaction score
There is only one. It keeps a resevoir tank full that is used to adjust, level, raise or lower the vehicle. Hard to say if you will need one or not. Mine has never skipped a beat in my 06 at 47,000 miles and a lot of use offroad.

I see them for sale new and used all the time on ebay so I would not worry to much about it.

Last edited:

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I was wrong. Maybe I had seen one for sale that was just called the wrong name.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is only one. It keeps a resevoir tank full that is used to adjust, level, raise or lower the vehicle. Hard to say if you will need one or not. Mine has never skipped a beat in my 06 at 47,000 miles and a lot of use offroad.

I see them for sale new and used all the time on ebay so I would not worry to much about it.

You may or may not need it. Mine died at 47k. Haven't had any trouble since the replacement though..(Covered under warrenty and now at 54k)

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Tyrnian, thanks for the input. That's pretty much what I was looking for. As long as they are available from alternate sources down the road, no real worries. I saw a few new on eBay for under $200 and was wondering if that was just a fluke or what. There is nothing worse than having to buy an expensive part at full retail when a little patience will get you one for a fraction of the cost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4