Will these Wheels fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kilkenny

Reaction score
4Wheel Parts wrote back...

"Thanks for asking. The 6 inch backspacing on the Black rock Wheels 910 Intruder in 18x8.5 and a 5x120 bolt pattern are really close to your factory 6.25 inch backspacing so they will fit."

Amazon has their compatibility check (like other sites). If Amazon is wrong, you could always send back and get all your money back, but what a pain.

Isn't oem 6.5" backspacing?

Also, what are you going to do about the hub bore on those wheels? How about the poke out? Have you tested your turning clearance?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people seem to fall back on the Compomotive rims. Their weight rating is 2,200lbs (1,000kg) and the rim actual weight is close to 29lbs (13kg) with an offset of 44 and width of 8".

Still haven't heard back from Wheel Pros (XD, ATX, etc)... It's starting to make me doubt the fact that they'll fit... I might get some Compomotive at this point.

Fall back on? They were my first choice. :p

Delray

Reaction score

Also, what are you going to do about the hub bore on those wheels? How about the poke out? Have you tested your turning clearance?

I have not measured up the other ones exactly yet...appears these after-market wheel hub bores are slightly larger 74mm - assuming the LR3 is hubcentric, how does that play out? I appears several of the 8" width wheels would work with a spacer if you wanted them dead on with OEM.

Still learning here. Thanks for the help!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fall back on? They were my first choice. :p

I know MBW, I really like them too. You got them in anthracite or black? I wonder how anthracite would look on my truck. Black with blacked out grille and vents.
I'm from Europe and really like the rally heritage of Compomotive Wheels.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Got a reply from Luke at Wheel Pros.

According to him if it shows that the rims are compatible on the website, you will not need spacers or anything like that. They will fit.

As far as hub bore if you pick a blank set and get it drilled to 5x120 you get a hub bore of 72.6 which is what you need for a LR. If you buy pre-drilled rims on amazon you'll need a hub centric ring. Going from 74.1 to 72.6.

I'd go out the custom drill route. Still on the fence. Half the price of the Compomotive rims, same strength and similar weight.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know MBW, I really like them too. You got them in anthracite or black? I wonder how anthracite would look on my truck. Black with blacked out grille and vents.
I'm from Europe and really like the rally heritage of Compomotive Wheels.

I went with black, but I have a standard HSE Lux Fuji, so im going for the storm trooper look, but without the extra bling black bits.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get some off road pictures, last time I got it really dirty I didnt have my SLR and my phone was basically dead.

58298fc1-d827-4f3d-90ac-0395323bb4b7_zpsa10dc02c.jpg

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get some off road pictures, last time I got it really dirty I didnt have my SLR and my phone was basically dead.

58298fc1-d827-4f3d-90ac-0395323bb4b7_zpsa10dc02c.jpg

I talked to Barry a few weeks back and they won't have satin black until the new year... Waiting game.
How do you like the Wrangler tires?
I'm looking at Toyo but I like the Wrangler too. Just not sure. Do they track?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to Barry a few weeks back and they won't have satin black until the new year... Waiting game.
How do you like the Wrangler tires?
I'm looking at Toyo but I like the Wrangler too. Just not sure. Do they track?

I love the tires. They are not very loud and drive very nicely. I haven't noticed any bad 'character' from them.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the tires. They are not very loud and drive very nicely. I haven't noticed any bad 'character' from them.

Good to hear. It gives me another option to look at. They're lighter than the BFGs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM