Window issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just noticed yesterday that my front passanger window will now work properly. If I hit either of the switches, it will only roll down 2" or so at a time. It does the same thing when trying to roll it up.

I went out to the truck a short time ago and tried to fix the issue by reseting the auto open/close feature as described on page 97 of the LR4 hand book. It still didn't resolve the issue. I tried to reset it from both the driver side and passanger side. I was actually worried that it might now roll up at all at one point. No matter how many times I hit the switch, it wouldn't roll up. After I turned the truck off and back on, it would at least roll up but still wouldn't move more than 2 inches every time the switch was activated.

None of the other windows are having any issue. Auto up and down works as normal and can be stopped at any posistion.

Any ideas? After my first two trips to the service area, I'm not real excited to be dissapointed again.

Rob

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its a bad switch or pintch sensor. Thats the only thing I can think of. The one thing that throws me off is that the auto up down feature works, making me think that its the window switch instead. To auto up or down the switch is moved all the way up or down. Most auto window switches in reality have 4 positions, 2 up, 2 down. If your window switch for the pass window on the driver door functions properly, then the only issue can be the pass. switch. In your case if I read it correctly both switches have the same issue which brings me back to the pintch sensor. Could also be a wiring issue on that circuit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM