Windshield Defroster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something to note is that during windshield replacement the a trim pillar clips often break, or if they don't break they loosen. New clips should be used when putting the a trim back. I've read a bunch of posts on the disco3uk forum where people have had their windshield replaced and the 3rd party installer didn't do a good job or put new clips on. I'm not an expert on windshield replacement but the stories I read discouraged me from wanting to replace mine over a few missing defrost strips.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something to note is that during windshield replacement the a trim pillar clips often break, or if they don't break they loosen. New clips should be used when putting the a trim back. I've read a bunch of posts on the disco3uk forum where people have had their windshield replaced and the 3rd party installer didn't do a good job or put new clips on. I'm not an expert on windshield replacement but the stories I read discouraged me from wanting to replace mine over a few missing defrost strips.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This forum needs some furniture. There's an echo in here..:biggrin:

Last edited:

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This forum needs some furniture..there's an echo in here..:biggrin:

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a local glass shop replace mine (caught a BIG rock on the way home from purchasing my 2008 LR3, 85 miles on the clock). It took them a week to get it in and it cost $1,600 USD, but it worked perfectly then and still does (2 years later). I think you just need to go to a quality shop.

David

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72