Windshield wipers obnoxiously scraping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
303 Aerospace Protectant is also great for the exterior black plastic such as the windshield cowl, lower side trim and lower bumper trim. Works great on interior non-leather dash panels & plastic areas like the glove box doors.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
303 Aerospace Protectant is also great for the exterior black plastic such as the windshield cowl, lower side trim and lower bumper trim. Works great on interior non-leather dash panels & plastic areas like the glove box doors.

I spent some lockdown time doing a deep cleaning of the LR4 including the lower side trim strips. I admire that particular part every morning when I'm doing my bootcamp group workouts via Zoom in the garage. I will hit those areas with this product, too.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll try 303 aerospace as well. I’ve been looking for something good to clean those plastic trim pieces and hearing that it work well on wiper blades is just killing two birds with one stone.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things, well, 3 really you can do that have worked for me:
  • check the nuts that hold the wiper arms down, mine where a little loose and was creating chatter
  • Clean the blade part with 1/2 rubbing alcohol and 1/2 water and paper towel, a lot of black comes off when dirty
  • Clay bar the windshield, leave it as smooth as you can. I now do that ones a year and makes a yuge difference.

ScottK

Reaction score
I was told by an OEM wiper supplier to clean the windshield with Bon Ami powdered cleanser and use rubbing alcohol on the blades. It worked for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut