Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to Auto Zone to get another set of Bosch wipers but bought a set of Trico's instead since they were on sale. Have used Bosch wipers for years, I now think the Trico blades are even better.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember the day when Bosch was all Geman, today from their appliances to wipers their products are subpar and all sourced from China. The couldn't even get the HPFPs right for BMW which caused a significant recall on all their turbo cars. :-(

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where the crappy Made in China Bosch blades are from. They're nothing more than cheap rebranded blades from Unipoint.

Unipoint Wiper blades

http://www.searchautoparts.com/motorage/bosch-acquires-unipoint-group-taiwain

Bosch does make blades in Germany but they're provided directly to Mercedes and BMW as OE... And they are great... And I'm sure you can get EU made ones from someplace... But the stuff you get at Autozone, Target, Walmart, etc... are unfortunately Unipoint.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where the crappy Made in China Bosch blades are from. They're nothing more than cheap rebranded blades from Unipoint.

Unipoint Wiper blades

http://www.searchautoparts.com/motorage/bosch-acquires-unipoint-group-taiwain

Bosch does make blades in Germany but they're provided directly to Mercedes and BMW as OE... And they are great... And I'm sure you can get EU made ones from someplace... But the stuff you get at Autozone, Target, Walmart, etc... are unfortunately Unipoint.
Hey Count,

Thanks for sending this, I was back and forth about getting the Bosch again. I notice that they also seem to stick to the glass quite a bit (when you don't use them for a week or two) - like summer in CA. I still have the stock ones on, but I plan to switch them out before the rains start. I need to figure out which brand - also the back. I had a new wiper blade on the back of my old LR4 and it was awesome, but I can't remember the source at all.

-David

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trico used to make wiper blades in Buffalo, down the street from where I went to college. There was a large restaurant/bar nearby and if you walked-in just before noon, you would see every table set-up with a beer and a shot, waiting for the Trico workers to roll-in for lunch. And it was a different beer/shot combination at each seat for that specific Trico person. Now that's a bartender that knows his customers. Of course the plant closed years ago and Trico blades are now made somewhere else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM