Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need my 3 wipers replaced on LR4...dealer quoted $140.
Where is everyone else getting blades from??

lance562

Reaction score
Auto Zone, I am using the Rain-X Latitude 22 inch on the front and 16 inch on the back. About 21.00 per blade

goblue95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bosch Icons 422A/422B - $16.99 each on Amazon - been using these on my cars for a few years with great results - in fact I replaced the OEM wipers right after delivery and found them to be a big improvement over the OEMs (that the dealer is apparently charging a small fortune for). Not sure about the rear wiper though - I typically leave those on for a few years at a time though since they don't wear out as quickly.

Out of curiosity, is the dealer including labor in that insane estimate? If so, they should charge for no more than 5 minutes...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bosch Icons 422A/422B - $16.99 each on Amazon - been using these on my cars for a few years with great results - in fact I replaced the OEM wipers right after delivery and found them to be a big improvement over the OEMs (that the dealer is apparently charging a small fortune for). Not sure about the rear wiper though - I typically leave those on for a few years at a time though since they don't wear out as quickly.

Out of curiosity, is the dealer including labor in that insane estimate? If so, they should charge for no more than 5 minutes...
I use the same ones - very good! Though I am starting to get a bit of streaking... Maybe I need to change them again?

I would never allow the dealer to change my wiper blades - especially with the crappy stock ones!

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bosh icons work great. Had them on my old LR3 with no complaints. Haven't had to replace the LR4's or the LR2's yet. But I don't remember paying $17 a blade. I got them locally for like $22 or so and like $18 for the rear. I am going to look into that. I use cheap rain x during winter because my wife is convinced that the front wipers work as ice scrapers! Got to love her. $140 for the set? **** I love this dealerships and the 1/4 hour of labor. The OEM set here is like $85 or so no installed and after getting 5 vehicles from this guys I should ask the sales manager to install them himself!.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bosch icons are great. Rainx latitudes are good also

kdegLR4

Reaction score
I love this board. I just had the driver's-side wiper start streaking and was about to post a "what wiper blade?" question when this thread popped up. Ordered the Bosch blades online. Thank you one and all.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love this board. I just had the driver's-side wiper start streaking and was about to post a "what wiper blade?" question when this thread popped up. Ordered the Bosch blades online. Thank you one and all.

How much and which website if I may ask?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Auto Zone bc I couldn't stand the streaking anymore and did not want wait for an online order. I have Bosch on my LR4 and Rain X on my other vehicle. The bosch were $22 each and the Rain X were $15 each on sale. I think the Bosch perform better and last longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM