With my last fill up I am getting fuel fumes in the cabin...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience (and you probably found my other posts in your search) it could be a lot of different things. I'd rule out the items that @avslash mentioned above before you drop the tank.

The tank may be easy to drop if you do it regularly, but I took it to two different reputable independent LR mechanics and neither of them wanted to drop my tank until they new for certain where the problem was... which they could not diagnose, so they sent me to the dealer (who dropped the tank, found the leak, & fixed the issue).

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody IM'd me looking for the part numbers I replaced, so I thought I would post them in case it helps anyone else out.

Mine was leaking at the locking ring at the top of the factory fuel tank.

LR000966 $21.95 at dealer. Gasket
LR043420 $85.31 at dealer. Locking Ring

Indie LR mechanic charged me $110.00 to drop, replace and then rehang the tank.

Webecinya

Reaction score
Somebody IM'd me looking for the part numbers I replaced, so I thought I would post them in case it helps anyone else out.

Mine was leaking at the locking ring at the top of the factory fuel tank.

LR000966 $21.95 at dealer. Gasket
LR043420 $85.31 at dealer. Locking Ring

Indie LR mechanic charged me $110.00 to drop, replace and then rehang the tank.

Noted thank you. I smelled fuel after a fill up once on that back corner. Once I drove some the smell went away. Not sure if I have a leak or if it was super full tank and the evap releasing, it’s a short tube.

That price is reasonable at the Indy shop. Anyone know what dealer charges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Indie LR mechanic charged me $110.00 to drop, replace and then rehang the tank.
That is a great deal! I'd say it's well worth the $100 to not have to mess with the tank yourself. Specially since you already know what needed to be replaced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV