with or without xenon headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2 choices I now have before I take delivery, is a silver/black with cold weather, & xenon light package, or black/black with cold weather, and blue tooth.

Which is better choice, and waht are the pros and cons for each?

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cold weather and xenon. The blue tooth is good but xenons are better and probably more expesnive to add later on

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xenon good, but just below a bit (search) is detail on low cost plug and play non-directional (not turning with wheels like my HSE does) Xenon conversion. Just buy off ebay or from wrecked car lot some LR3 Xenons and install.

Factory Bluetooth can't be installed later, you would need an aftermarket solution such as a nav unit to get the wireless. For me, that feature matters more. I also live in a large metro area - as in most of these, we never really experience darkness. If you don't drive on rural roads but use lighted routes or interstates, Xenon is nice but not important. Hands free phone use will be law in most places over time, and I bet you talk while driving more often than you drive on pitch black roads if you live in a big city.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find that I can't stand when people talk on their cars' bluetooth. Their is so much background noise. I'd get a nice noise canceling headset (like a jawbone) and the xenons. But the option to do the headlight conversion later and have both is a good idea too. I do very much prefer xenon headlights to halogen though. Frankly, I would get the color I like before either of these two options. Neither is a deal breaker.

drivesafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi ronLR3, I had ordinary headlights in my 03 RR and when my wife got her D3 ( LR3 ), I couldn’t see ( pardon the pun ) what all the fuss was about the Xenon headlights.

That is till the first time I drove her D3 in the rain, they are an unbelievable improvement and one of the main features I looked forward to when I got my 08 RR, was the headlights, I do a lot of night driving.

I would never both with ordinary headlights again because the Xenons make night driving just so much safer.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot tell that much of a difference between our 2008 RR's Xenons and our 2006 LR3 Halogens, the latter's halogens being rather good. Will drive both in the rain per drive-on's post above.

I also really like the Bluetooth in both trucks. It is very clear, and both cars do well to isolate outside noise - I've never had anyone mention that they had a tough time hearing me or the kids in the backseats. The RR's bluetooth is much better integrated, as it has the fancy stuff - no nav in the LR3. It's easier to use the address book in the RR than the phone by itself.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife has the NAV (HSE) and a Motorola Razor phone. Can she integrate the phone list? I never figured that out, honestly. Her LR3's Bluetooth is much better than my Audi's, better volume. It's only tough for me with the kids in the background cutting in and out in the way that interferes with the mic, otherwise she sounds pretty good for hands free. I agree that earpiece is even better, but Bluetooth is so convenient and addictive for infrequent use and more comfortable than a head or ear piece. Probably helps resale some. RonLR3 needs to choose a color first, I think. I prefer silver, myself. Partly it's climate, but black or dark cars really suffer in MI winters when it can be too cold to even automatic wash some times.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RR's bluetooth is much better integrated, as it has the fancy stuff - no nav in the LR3. It's easier to use the address book in the RR than the phone by itself.

OK you've got me curious. What's better about the RR's bluetooth? What "fancy stuff" does it have?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge