Write Up on Dirt Road Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wheel with these guys a few times a year and they did a write up on my truck and thought I'd share. The site is Dirt Road Trip

And a couple of pix:

Last edited:

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having pic issues.

Attachments

• TruckRedCloud.jpg
    TruckRedCloud.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 56
  • TruckVOR.jpg
    TruckVOR.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 53

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures and looks to be an awesome area for some off road action. The write-up is good little read! Congrats!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a great writeup, Brian! Its got me extra excited because I am spending a day with Bill Burke in three weeks and later this Summer I will add some better rubber. AND, one of the requirements for my LR4 was enough room to sleep in the back because, like you, I am over the tent/ground phase. ;-) Mine isn't dirty yet. Just picked it up a couple hours ago. But it will get there soon enough.

BTW, not only very cool that your friends would do such a nice write up on you but with great pictures. Well done.

Dan

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. We do have some good areas to play in around here, we just have to remember them. And, I do have a good group to wheel with.

Dan, ran the VOT trails bone stock with only one issue (mud) and was stunned. I do recommend new shoes for the truck, but the biggest problem with 19s are the sidewalls. Bill is very familiar with the rig and will put you in places/situations that the truck can handle just to test you. Have fun!

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well small world....

Bhos (Brian), amazing you know these guys and you are located in Virginia only a couple hours from me!

I actually recently gave them some feedback in Expedition Portal and Ben finally responded sharing a route they had recently taken in our back yard (Roanoke Va).

I would love to join you guys sometime and we can have 2 LR4's out there with those Toyota guys. I think they should come back down and add Potts mountain into the mix of what they did the last time they were down here. I just need some sliders and 18" wheels first.

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that most of our trips are impromptu, but we do plan on hitting the Main Line Overland rally in Penn, and Expo East in Asheville, NC.
When I trained with Bill, we did the MAR challenge course down by Pembroke. I did some damage to the truck :eek: but needing sliders were never the issue. More aggressive tread would definitely have helped...and a little less eagerness to accelerate out of an area.

Bhos (Brian), amazing you know these guys and you are located in Virginia only a couple hours from me!

I actually recently gave them some feedback in Expedition Portal and Ben finally responded sharing a route they had recently taken in our back yard (Roanoke Va).

I would love to join you guys sometime and we can have 2 LR4's out there with those Toyota guys. I think they should come back down and add Potts mountain into the mix of what they did the last time they were down here. I just need some sliders and 18" wheels first.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM