Zurich Shield paint/leather/carpet protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotdog

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Zurich Shield & Scotchguard products being pushed by my dealer? I know these things are usually a rip off, but with my 3 kids it seems worth consideration. Has anyone tried some other product/s. Thanks in advance.

hotdog

Reaction score
I think they said about $1,500 for the leather, carpet and paint ... they give you a card and they redo the treatment each year for 7 years. Has anyone else bought this 7 year treatment package or maybe its exclusive to my Neillo dealership group in Nth.CA ?

My local carwash owner also said you can spray Scotchguard on the carpets yourself but that would only do the carpets ... +leather treatment +paint treatment x7 times in 7 years and this seems to be reasonable value - especially as they then guarranty the surfaces for that period.

The dealer also has a very expensive 3M product that is a plastic film they put over the front of the hood to prevent chips etc but this was like $2-2.5k (yikes) ... can't see the sense in that.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they said about $1,500 for the leather, carpet and paint ... they give you a card and they redo the treatment each year for 7 years. Has anyone else bought this 7 year treatment package or maybe its exclusive to my Neillo dealership group in Nth.CA ?

My local carwash owner also said you can spray Scotchguard on the carpets yourself but that would only do the carpets ... +leather treatment +paint treatment x7 times in 7 years and this seems to be reasonable value - especially as they then guarranty the surfaces for that period.

The dealer also has a very expensive 3M product that is a plastic film they put over the front of the hood to prevent chips etc but this was like $2-2.5k (yikes) ... can't see the sense in that.

Your dealer is jacking up the price for 3M clear bra. I had it included with my deal, but usually it goes for $600. I think it is the best product out of all the ones you mentioned. The rest is BS in my opinion and a way for the dealer to hose people. I had the paint protection/ leather thing done on the first car I got and it was BS.... The 3 M clear bra I HIGHLY recommend. DO NOT Pay more than $600, and that includes 1/3 of the hood, the front bumper and the side mirrors.
Good luck

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That price is outrageous! There is no magic formula to protect leather carpet and paint. It's pretty simple and that type of maintenance needs to be done more than once a year anyway. There's no way I would even think of spending that type of money on something I can do myself better, more often, and way cheaper. Did you look at the link I posted?

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez I am in the wrong business! Run away from them.

hotdog

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback ... think I will do it myself. Cheers

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed, there's not much carpet left to stain when you put in the rubber floor mats, and the best leather products are Lexol and the ones stated above.. Not to mention, an annual shampoo of the carpets works wonders.. Mine have been through 4 years of muddy Boy Scouts and look new after I drag the carpet cleaner out to the garage..

On a side note, you can buy that 3M UV and chip protector by the roll for around $30. Do your headlights- they stay looking new, and won't fog up over time.. Go price a new headlight and you'll see why I mention it:D

Good Luck,

Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72