00 disco possible engine concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ceomilord

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My girl has been driving my 00 Disco (77k miles) for the last few months & I just drove it tonight & noticed a slight burning smell coming from the engine bay. (I recently did the full 60k inspection). I checked under the hood & there is a toothpaste looking goo that is over the drivers side of the engine. its underneath the air intake on the flat black section of the engine cover. it's also along the side above the spark plug wires. Obviously, I'm not an expert on my explanations here, but I'm trying to paint the best picture possible. Any ideas on where to start or what could be wrong? The car has been running fine, but I just want to take care of this issue b4 it gets worse. Thanks in advance guys.

Guillermo

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's probably a few questions That will probably be asked by others before anyone can give you an accurate solution.

This is some standard info we need:

Vehicle year
Vehicle series (i.e., 1999 Discoveries could have been Series I or II; there are gigantic differences between RRC, P38A, and "new" Range Rovers)
Mileage
Any modifications that are mechanical in nature
For example, if you have a grinding sound from underneath, please realize it's helpful to know that you have a Detroit locker under there!

1: Is the so called "tooth paste" milky white and oily ?

2: Is this substance on the dipstick when you check oil ?

3: Is there any light blueish grey smoke coming out of the exhaust ?

4: Did this happen after the 60 k full inspection ?

5: Is the radiator fluid low ?

6: is the engine oil level getting higher, and milky white ?

7: Is this your personal mechanic, or one you could get at the time ?

8: Did your mechanic talk to you about the inspection ? in detail ?

9: Is your radiator fluid changing colors and are the hoses getting soft ?

10: Does the vehilce miss under heavy load ?

Of course any further information will greatly help others in this forum to better help you with this issue ? :bandit:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd