01 Disco rattling sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolift911

Reaction score
So I have a sunroof that is rattling over bumps when open where as is never did this before...anyone know what would cause this? If you grab ahold of it and shake it, it does not seem loose but hard to tell. It is usually pretty quiet when open but of late the rattling is getting bad.

Anyone else?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The little rubber grommets that hold the sunroof in the slides are worn out or have become missing. Sadly the only fix is to deal with the noise or replace the entire slide assembly, $200 just for the parts.

nolift911

Reaction score
$200 for parts is cheap - does anyone have a detail on how to fix - in terms of parts needed, any diagrams and or instructions about what exactly needs to be fixed?

nolift911

Reaction score
Seem like you could take down the front part of the headliner without removing the whole thing. Are the rails attached to the drain tubes?

I had to reseal the drain tubes a few months back - figured you could get to the guide rails with just the front part of the headliner hanging down.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't seen it done this way, but I am sure it could be done if you don't mind a crease in the headliner... and the tubes are not attached to the rails.

nolift911

Reaction score
So after looking at this it seem that the glass carriers via the RAVE are what is loose and rattling - the S type mechanism that does the tilt etc...the one on the passenger side front is really loose. The track itself seems fine. Is it possible just ot buy the glass carriers?

And for installation can you just take out the glass and then install thos carriers into the rail? The RAVE is not very specific about this at all.

I don't think when you purchase the rails that the carriers come with - and I think that is the issue - or at least it seems that way to me.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9