100 Degrees in NYC and my AC is semi cold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azaky

Reaction score
First real hot day here in NYC and running the AC for 30 minutes produced semi-cold air. Anyone do a recharge on a LR3? Any advice on where to start and what to do...

Its a 05 with 67k on it...

Thanks in advance...

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did mine two weeks ago. Really easy to do. Just pick up a bottle of the 134A at the parts store. Stay away from the 'stop leak' kind. I went with the one that had the 'NASA' coolant that allows it to run cooler than normal. I got it at O'reily Auto Parts for around $30. The connector hose only fits the LOW pressure side so it's self explanatory but let me know if you need the details of the process.

Only tip is to turn your AC on max and take the pressure reading before putting in the coolant. You may find you don't need it.

Last edited:

azaky

Reaction score
Thanks Voltaire, dumb question I am sure but how do you take a pressure reading? On what and where :) Sorry novice here ...

THanks again...

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the refill bottles for the coolant come with a gauge. Some of the cheaper ones do not have it but you should spend the few extra dollars and get one with the gauge. Here is a link to what I purchased at the local parts store. If you want me to text message or email you a photo of the connector on the high pressure side of the compressor line just send me a PM with your phone number or email address.. I don't mind. I know how it feels to want to work on the LR3 without paying a dealership the high dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/R134a-ZERO-SY..._6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1307671307&sr=1-6

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the refill bottles for the coolant come with a gauge. Some of the cheaper ones do not have it but you should spend the few extra dollars and get one with the gauge. Here is a link to what I purchased at the local parts store. If you want me to text message or email you a photo of the connector on the high pressure side of the compressor line just send me a PM with your phone number or email address.. I don't mind. I know how it feels to want to work on the LR3 without paying a dealership the high dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/R134a-ZERO-SY..._6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1307671307&sr=1-6

This thread is great but some pics would be awesome, i tried on my 2003 silverado once and screwed it all up so if you could please post a pic because i have the same problem, its 100+ everyday here in NC lately but my ac is semi cold, once its down to about 85 or so its cold again but it just seems odd. I have always chalked it up to the fact its really really hot out.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need pictures, go buy a large 134 bottle with a hose and gauge installed, read the instrutions and do it, it is way to easy.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah just squeeze the trigger a little at a time.. keep reading the gauge and you should be fine, just keep it in the blue. When you pick one up you'll see what we mean.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey isn't it possible that it was just too hot and humid to get the job done? Does it blow cold on 85 degree days? On hot days I use the recirculate button, which does the job.

Flatlander

Reaction score
I live in Texas and my 06 lr3 AC does fine. A bit of a lag on start up but otherwise responspive. I don't think there is a design issue.

Might be low on charge; easiest fix. I'm also in the HVAC biz and it could be a zillion other things but try the recharge first.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72