$2,000 for GPS update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '05 GPS software needs updating. Called the dealer and they told me starting in February the software update would be available ONLY in the international version, and at a cost of $2,000. What am I missing? I don't need international GPS in my truck, and I certainly won't pay $2,000 for some software upgrade.

Any options, or will my GPS be permanently outdated?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a loaner with a newer DVD and swap!

Just kidding, but $2000 is nuts. You could buy a fistful of Garmin nuvi's at that price.

Why does your GPS software "need" updating? Or is the database getting too out of date?

Last edited:

AJN334

Reaction score
Go to-------> www.navteq.com

Navteq is the company which sells the data to auto manufactures and you can get the updated dics and software for you LR3 through them for about $200.

Go to the Store on there web page then the In Vehicle section...

Hope this helps...

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or go to eBay and get them for less than $100 (just make sure you get the latest version - you can check navteq's website to make sure they match).

-Rich

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAV updates

All good suggestions guys, thanks. For $200 or less it would be nice to have updated maps...NAV works better when it indicates you are actually on a road.

Honestly, why would LR even suggest a $2,000 option? Silly.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR didn't, your dealer did. Don't confuse the too. LR Dealers are Land Rover's biggest obstacle to owner satisfaction :)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised we found an argument that makes $200 sound like a "good deal" for a map update! LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo