2" Lift (before) you fit 265/75/r16 to stock DII ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capthook

Reaction score
Found this page on fitting 32" tires to DII's :

http://www.erikburrows.com/index.php?node=265/75-R16+Tires+on+a+DII

(265 75 r16 tires on a DII)

And i've already modified my stock plastic fantastic DII bumper, with plans of buying an ARB. BUT... is it a good idea to fit a 2" lift, prior to fitting 265 / 75 / r16's (32" tires) ? Or can I live without it for the time being (with minor rubbing?) and get the lift later. This is all the info I can find on discoweb

" 265/75-16: Taller and wider than stock, possible to fit without lift. minor rubbing. Looks real balanced with mild OME lift. "

but i'd like some input, from other DII owners whom have this size fitted

cheers :beer:

Capt

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen this on several D2's, the rubbing will only occur when you go over speed bumps or go offroading, and if you do this often enough it will start to cut the tires.

Capthook

Reaction score
Got 265 75 r16 - Goodyear Wrangler LT's, which are supposed to be good off and on road. The tire style is tall, reminds me of the old stock RRC tires ; they didn't have a ton of road noise on the way home, but I did hear a little rubbing in reverse while turning... I think it's the metal corners of the frame which held the plastic front clip / bumper on.

Going to trim that metal bracket up tomorrow, and check everything out to see where it's occurring ; but I'm stoked - looks good on the truck and the tire guys comment was classic : "They put those little 255's on there stock on these?" The 265's look a lot more balanced.

Now I just need to think about my 2" of lift.... for only 2", I can just throw in some machined aluminum spacers correct?

How about my brake lines - do I need extensions , bump-stops, etc.. with 2 inches of lift? Whom sells lift accessories for the DII at the best price?

thanks again

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I just need to think about my 2" of lift.... for only 2", I can just throw in some machined aluminum spacers correct?

How about my brake lines - do I need extensions , bump-stops, etc.. with 2 inches of lift? Whom sells lift accessories for the DII at the best price?

thanks again
You could just put a spacer in but once you hang that bumper off the front it will start to sag. Brake and sensor lines won't need to be extended at 2" any higher you will if you wheel your truck. If your going for looks then just shove spacers in there. If your going for function do it the correct way. I would way out what you do with the truck and build on that idea. JMO

Capthook

Reaction score
I think I am going to go with the Old Man Emu heavy duty setup (springs, shocks) which will give me 1.5" lift, along and 1" spacers... and i'll have 2.5" or so. But, no rubbing right now - only minor rubbing on the water bottle, which I need to relocate anyway. Didn't do it at all today on the trail however.

Took the DII out to Cow Mountain today to just play around a bit, and she handled everything beautifully with the new tires. Thanks for the input, btw attached is a pic.

Attachments

• dii-265.jpg
    dii-265.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 102
  • n1276891054_172215_8446.jpg
    n1276891054_172215_8446.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 132

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is kinda what it will look like with 2" on it

Attachments

• nrov.JPG
    nrov.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 103

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wasn't the photo I wanted to put up and it wont let me put up the correct one.
The pic I was trying to put up shows how a winch, skid and sliders will sag med springs and along side is a pic of hd springs on the same truck. before and after shots. Sorry.
any way that pic has 2" on it.

Last edited:

Capthook

Reaction score
Looks good mate, I need lift!

So what's the verdict, I want the O.M.E HD's , right? Going to get the Old Man Emu steering damper too and just do it all with OME when $ becomes a reality again :biggrin:

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked the med. springs until I added the weight of the winch, skid, sliders and spare parts, recovery gear, tools and cooler (a rack is in the works) not to mention, shovels, salt, gas, people and camping gear. If your bringing gear like what I bring the yes hd is what I suggest.

Capthook

Reaction score
Thanks for that basstard440 - I am going to eventually go with skid plates, ARB Front bumper, a 10k Winch, rock sliders, etc.. so she'll be putting on a few pounds and I think the HD setup is going to be perfect for where I am going with my DII project.

I also might run the OME setup without spacers first, then decide if I need the extra 1-2" of body lift... prob. not.. It's not rubbing now, but I think 1.5" of l ift from the OME setup may be just enough to make me happy for what I do.

Anyone fab their skid plates at home?

Capt

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72