2 Year Service Sticker Shock. Just me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out in here in New Mexico, I go to the Santa Fe Land Rover dealership and so far I'm amazed with their level of customer service.
I got my Compos installed with tires and balanced for less than $100. They do a five wheel rotation and balancing for less than $40. They did my oil change for $155 or so.
They have had to do and redo my alignment a few times and I only paid once less than $100.
This is such a different experience than the thieves in Hanover, MA.
I'm really happy with my guys here. Oh and did I mention they actually employ real mechanics!!!

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok that settles it. We’re moving to New Mexico
Yep! It beats Houston's dealers...

Anyway, I've using a local indie for "regular" maintenance for the last 2 years, i.e. alignment, rotation, oil change, brakes, etc.

More specialized services I go to local LR indie. I got a quote from him for $900 for transfer case repair whereas dealer was quoting #3,000 :eek::eek:

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! It beats Houston's dealers...

Anyway, I've using a local indie for "regular" maintenance for the last 2 years, i.e. alignment, rotation, oil change, brakes, etc.

More specialized services I go to local LR indie. I got a quote from him for $900 for transfer case repair whereas dealer was quoting #3,000 :eek::eek:

@gamh2001

Who is your Houston area LR indie?

I use British Auto Solutions in Katy for stuff i don't want to tackle myself, and have been happy with him.

Just curious who else is out there.

And I agree, the Houston dealers just plain suck. Both of them.

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I don't do it myself, then I'll go to British Unlimited, off if 45 just south of the Woodlands. Cool guys with decent prices. Always have nice Defender projects in the shop.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@gamh2001

Who is your Houston area LR indie?

I use British Auto Solutions in Katy for stuff i don't want to tackle myself, and have been happy with him.

Just curious who else is out there.

And I agree, the Houston dealers just plain suck. Both of them.

F2 Motorwerks by Memorial. Nice to know 2 other options: BAS (Katy) and BUltd (The Woodlands).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut