2010 LR4 Speaker Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front left speaker has no sound. Before I remove the door card to check or replace speaker, can any of you let me know if it's possible that the cable to the amp might be lose? Also, can you provide amp location? Thanks!

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front left speaker has no sound. Before I remove the door card to check or replace speaker, can any of you let me know if it's possible that the cable to the amp might be lose? Also, can you provide amp location? Thanks!

The factory processor/amp on the LR4 is located under the front passenger seat. Unless something go caught under the seat and pulled on that one wire it's highly unlikely it has anything to do with the processor/amp.

Are all the speakers not working in the left front? mid/tweeter(base) sub/mid/tweeter(Logic 7)? Or are just missing a certain part of the music (voice, percussion...)
Without knowing which audio package you have hard to suggest possible avenues of investigation.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory processor/amp on the LR4 is located under the front passenger seat. Unless something go caught under the seat and pulled on that one wire it's highly unlikely it has anything to do with the processor/amp.

Are all the speakers not working in the left front? mid/tweeter(base) sub/mid/tweeter(Logic 7)? Or are just missing a certain part of the music (voice, percussion...)
Without knowing which audio package you have hard to suggest possible avenues of investigation.

I have the standard non-harmon kardon package. I've tried isolating the zones in the car and the only speaker that has no sound is the driver side one. the tweeter (by the side view mirror) appears to work fine. i was under the impression there are only 2 speakers there?

Let me go inspect the amp now. maybe some wires came loose from cleaning or the constant fetching of stuff my kids dropped.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The base system only has 2 speakers in each door, and if your tweeter is working I would say you have bad door speaker.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The base system only has 2 speakers in each door, and if your tweeter is working I would say you have bad door speaker.

Sorry for the confusion. I have harmon kardon. just went to check again and wiggled all connections. the speaker is fully operational now. weird...

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
easy enough.
was it loose at the processor/amp or the speaker in the door?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
easy enough.
was it loose at the processor/amp or the speaker in the door?

you know what? I am not quite sure myself. Hopefully that's the case but the plugs are bundled so if anything's loose it might be a wire from the bundle...

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could just unplug the connector and make sure all the wires/contacts are inserted properly. I have the factory majuals, and can look at the schematic to see what the wire colors are.
I'll pass the jnformation along once I have it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM