2012 LR4 Radio Problems. Changing Sources

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dawk

Reaction score
Have a 2012 Lr4. My head unit (sound system) keeps on changing sources own it’s own. The sound works but I cannot stop it from changing sources. I have tried to reset the system, changed the battery, and tried swapping the head unit (cd receiver). I still have not solved the issue.

Any ideas or help? I appreciate it.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a button in the steering wheel that will change sources. Are you accidentally hitting that button while driving, or has some contaminant gotten into that button?

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My steering wheel buttons are starting to go wonky.

For a while now, once in a blue moon when I would increase or decrease the volume it would go in larger increments than I pushed (I press it once, volume would go from 9 - 13)

On my most recent road trip my car started skipping music all on its own. This hasn’t happened again though. I think the steering wheel controls on our vehicles can get a little wonky.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easiest solution (garnered from my stereo rebuilding days) is to spray some DeOxit in the switches to clean them out.

Dawk

Reaction score
Is there a way to disconnect the steering wheel controls from the head unit? Or do I have to access them from the steering wheel?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72