2012 lr4 update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correction on 2012 Navigation System.It now comes with a DVD Instead of the Hard Drive.I had the DVD System on my 05 LR3. The DVD Player NAV. Is a lot nicer and easier to update.You just install a newer version DVD in your Player under Drivers seat.
2012 also now comes with again VOICE REGONITION.My 05 LR3 had voice also.They do have a FREE dealer Installed Software Patch for the Old 2011 Lr4 Models that didnt have it activated at the Factory.Land Rover might get it right after a decade of LR models,sad really

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 Navigation system is still Hard drive based. It now has virtual CD change which rips music from your CD and stores on the hard drive in uncompressed format up to 6 disk worth of music. Because hard drive is faster and can store more data than DVD will ever, no manufacturer will go back to DVD based navigation. It's thing of past.

However, 2012 audio system can now play DVD disc and I bet navigation can be updated using a DVD update disk now. But still, system is hard drive based.

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,Bluetooth needs to be improved.needs better voice pickup

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99