2013 Land Rover LR4: SEMA Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack an LR4 thread, but here is my last ARB equipped vehicle. I lived in Santa Cruz when I bought it and went everywhere with this thing. Baja, British Columbia, all over Cali... across country to Maine, where it lived for a number of years. Finally sold it to a guy in West Virginia where, if it hasn't rusted out, it probably still lives. I loved this truck!

It's too bad ARB took so long to get their bumper out for the LR4, or I would have had one. It's a much bigger commitment to put one on now, than it used to be.

Trooper001.jpg

Trooper002.jpg

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice looking truck. I loved the older land cruisers

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice looking truck. I loved the older Isuzu Troopers

:biggrin:

discotwinturbo

Reaction score
Hey bromhead,

I am really enjoying reading these posts and umbertob definitely has some great points. I guess it all depends what you want to do with your truck. Spending the money on the 18" wheels is very important if you really want the tire options. With that said, most people, even those off roading quite a bit, are very happy wit hthe LTZs. I personally like the look of the 18" Compomotives, but at this point did not want to spend the money. That's why I powder coated my wheels and they look awesome. The LTZs give me the blend of street/off road performance that I wanted.

If I knew I was keeping my truck more long term, I would likely go with the 18" wheels and tire carrier - for sure, but for my needs things work out quite well.

-David

The 18" Compomotive rims and Cooper LTZ 285/60-18's work well on rocks and sand.....mud ok, but more aggressive would be better.

Tyres down to 18 psi took me through here without any marks....they mold over, stretch and twist nicely.

Very happy with this setup.

Brett...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 51

discotwinturbo

Reaction score
The 18" Compomotive rims and Cooper LTZ 285/60-18's work well on rocks and sand.....mud ok, but more aggressive would be better.

Tyres down to 18 psi took me through here without any marks....they mold over, stretch and twist nicely.

Very happy with this setup.

Brett...

Did not add the sand pic.

Brett...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 44

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the intake for the snorkels were supposed to face backwards, so you don't get any rain or whatever in there...

discotwinturbo

Reaction score
I thought the intake for the snorkels were supposed to face backwards, so you don't get any rain or whatever in there...

In most cases they need to face forwards. On comp trucks, when there is a lot of mud and deep water, they will have them face backwards. Whenever I got through deep (real deep) water, I turn the intake backwards.

Heavy rain is not issue as the safari snorkel has a drain the allows water to run down the intake and out the bottom at the connection of the intake and the main pipe.

For heavy dust I use a snorkel cover.....a foam filter, but does not restrict intake greatly.

It's not advisable to run engine at speed (moving forward) with the intake facing backwards due to negative air pressure....can be very damaging on modern engines.

Brett.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member