2013 LR4 5.0 Serpentine Belt issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Mann

Reaction score
I managed to work the serpentine belt aka accessory belt around all the pulleys. I started up and everything was running fine. Then noticed it started smoking a little. Is the power steering pump pulley supposed to turn freely by hand when not under pressure from the belt? I'm wondering if maybe the power steering pump pulley caused the belt to start to melt and then snap. It took a good couple minutes with everything looking fine.

Justin Mann

Reaction score
As an update it looks like the AC Compressor is locked up. Looks like I'll be replacing this and the ac condenser. The only AC problem i noticed before this was it took driving down the road for the ac to start to cool down. That should have popped something in my head but didnt. Anyone have any good LR4 references on this specifically?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Are you replacing the ac compressor yourself? If so, make sure it comes with pag oil and replace the condenser too. It's not a bad job. I used to document stuff, but i tend to take 3x as long, so, I stopped just to "get er done".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV