2013???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He he, dealer may be caving just a bit. After I told them to keep the car and return my deposit check at once, they called back and offered to take $1000 off the cost of the RSE "mistake". I asked them to throw in free rubber mats for cabin and cargo area as well. Should hear from them tomorrow. Meanwhile, I did contact LRNA, via phone and email (even emailed them copy of my original build and invoice to highlight the error.) Based on previous experience, I don't expect anyone there to rush to the phone on Monday to call me back.

festus

Reaction score
I was at Land Rover Newport Beach this morning where they have a Firenze Red LR4… that's a beautiful color. I had planned on getting one in Ipanema Sand but now I'm rethinking it. Are you able to negotiate the price at all when you place a custom order?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done deal! $1000 off and free passengers + cargo rubber mats for the RSE "snafu" (that's on top of the $2500 off MSRP we had agreed upon when I ordered the car), picking her up tomorrow. I'll take pictures asap.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done deal! $1000 off and free passengers + cargo rubber mats for the RSE "snafu" (that's on top of the $2500 off MSRP we had agreed upon when I ordered the car), picking her up tomorrow. I'll take pictures asap.
Awesome! That's a great deal. Can't wait to see photos.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a good deal, those mats are about $400 retail...

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Interesting to hear about your deal. I am ordering Monday (Tomorrow!) and this is where I am at. (I played 3 dealers off each other)

$60,020 (MSRP is 63,220, so im 3,200 off MSRP)
2013 MY Land Rover LR4
Fuji White exterior
19" Wheels (10 Spoke style)
Ebony Premium Leather seats with Ebony interior
Black Lacquer trim
Heavy Duty Package
Rear Seat Entertainment/DVD
Sirius Satellite HD Radio

They are saying late march delivery. Very excited.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting to hear about your deal. I am ordering Monday (Tomorrow!) and this is where I am at. (I played 3 dealers off each other)

$60,020 (MSRP is 63,220, so im 3,200 off MSRP)
2013 MY Land Rover LR4
Fuji White exterior
19" Wheels (10 Spoke style)
Ebony Premium Leather seats with Ebony interior
Black Lacquer trim
Heavy Duty Package
Rear Seat Entertainment/DVD
Sirius Satellite HD Radio

They are saying late march delivery. Very excited.

It's ordered!!!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's ordered!!!
Awesome!!!

You know, that sounds like the package I am going to order in the fall, minus the RSE and HD Radio.... Nice to see you got a great deal. Can't wait to see it in March!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome!!!

You know, that sounds like the package I am going to order in the fall, minus the RSE and HD Radio.... Nice to see you got a great deal. Can't wait to see it in March!

regarding ordering in the fall, im sure you can still get a 13, but anyone know if the 2014MY will be different?

One reason I ordered this year is I am a bit worried about the new designs. They are all going round and soft. The new FFRR is awesome, but I really love the overall style of the D4. Its boxy, tough, yet still very luxurious. I doubt much will happen in 14 because we haven't seen spy shots or anything.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
regarding ordering in the fall, im sure you can still get a 13, but anyone know if the 2014MY will be different?

One reason I ordered this year is I am a bit worried about the new designs. They are all going round and soft. The new FFRR is awesome, but I really love the overall style of the D4. Its boxy, tough, yet still very luxurious. I doubt much will happen in 14 because we haven't seen spy shots or anything.
I am likely going with a left over 2013 or order one before the orders for MY2014 begin -so I can get a decent deal. As far as a different design for 2014, I don't think so, it looks like all the sources are saying a new design for 2016 - they say going back to the roots of the Defender, but we shall see. I think the MK4 2013 RR is brilliant, but I do NOT like the round front (and it looks like a Ford) or the softer edges. I think the Defender is supposed to come to the states in 2015/2016 as well - at that point I'd dump my LR4 and go with that - ESPECIALLY if it's a turbo diesel! :)

Keep us posted!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM