2014 LR4 on Landrover.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can turn off the engine start/stop, but need to do so every time you start the engine (I think that's the purpose of that ECO button everywhere, it's not a market-dependent feature.)

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the 8 speed transmission and paddle shifters, I see these as a positive change. I'll believe those MGP numbers when I see them...seems pretty optimistic.

Those are most likely Imperial (UK) Gallon figures, 1 Imperial = 1.2 US Gallon... Mpg figures using US Gallons would be lower, probably around 20/24 city/hwy. Still, that would be an impressive improvement over the outgoing V8 - if those numbers turn out to be correct.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are most likely Imperial (UK) Gallon figures, 1 Imperial = 1.2 US Gallon... Mpg figures using US Gallons would be lower, probably around 20/24 city/hwy. Still, that would be an impressive improvement over the outgoing V8 - if those numbers turn out to be correct.

Thanks for clarifying, that makes a lot more sense. The 0-60 time still impresses me...I just can't see how they can only drop two-tenths of a second with the SCV6 without dropping any serious weight.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't buy that mileage for a second. If it is true, I have to be honest, that's a HUGE improvement and almost makes the SCV6 worth it.

But you are telling me that the LR4 went from 12/17 which is pretty much the worst economy in the market - same as the last gen GL550 - and with the SCV6 it is now as good as the last gen GL320 Diesel?

How the hell do you get a 67% improvement in the city? That's absurd. The engine maybe buys you 10-15% and the transmission maybe another 10%. I don't see fuel economy improved by more than 25% and that's a stretch.

It's still a very heavy brick.

The only other explanation is ECO-mode (auto engine shut-off), and I still don't believe it buys you that much. And that is a nuisance and will invariably age related components in dog years. But it is true, V8's use a lot of gas idling. So if for reasons that escape me, you drive an LR4 in heavy stop & go traffic, maybe it is worthwhile.

Last edited:

rlsummers3

Reaction score
2014 LR4 engines

In the US market as in the UK at least for 2014 you'll be able to choose between SCV6, SAV6, SDV6,or V8.

psc

Reaction score
In the US market as in the UK at least for 2014 you'll be able to choose between SCV6, SAV6, SDV6,or V8.

Not sure where you arrive at the engine configurations from

2014MY - Global

• TDV6 - Low Power Diesel
  • SDV6 - High Power Diesel
  • SCV6 - Supercharged V6 - (Gasoline)
  • NAV8 - Discontinued (for now .....) - (Gasoline)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99