2015 LR4/Discovery 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally not too interested in the MY15 apps, at least I wouldn't miss them in my 2014.

CarPlay would be very important to me, once that's released hopefully there will be a way to integrate it into older infotainment systems (but i doubt it).

Just emailed my dealer. My MY14 is on order scheduled to be delivered in sept - same date the article says 2015 will begin arriving. Don't see see the factory building both model years at the same time, and the delivery dates are so similar I'm wondering what is happening with current orders.

I had a bunch of apps connected to my iPhone on my 2014 Acura MDX. I didn't care for any of the entertainment apps. Being able to check on door locks (and lock the car) from my iPhone was nice. And being able to find a location on my phone and send it to the Nav system was very handy. But that was pretty much it. The rest was clutter in my mind. And sending destinations to the car was nearly necessary in the MDX because the Nav UI was worse than what we have in the newer LR4s - IMO.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running boards standard? :stupid: That is one of the first things I would like trash going off road. And they get my pants dirty when I climb out of the car. I understand they are very useful for people who don't go off road and how are shorter in stature. So make it an option. But standard? Evidently they are often requested. And I need to remember that they probably sell more of these things in Asia for city use than they sell in NA.

I completely agree. If these get taken off then will the bottom trim below the door be left with swiss cheese holes?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a bunch of apps connected to my iPhone on my 2014 Acura MDX. I didn't care for any of the entertainment apps. Being able to check on door locks (and lock the car) from my iPhone was nice. And being able to find a location on my phone and send it to the Nav system was very handy. But that was pretty much it. The rest was clutter in my mind. And sending destinations to the car was nearly necessary in the MDX because the Nav UI was worse than what we have in the newer LR4s - IMO.

Aw crap, going to look at '14 &'15 MDX's today for my wife...

Any other issues?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you get larger wheels put on, I think you would appreciate side steps of some sort. I happen to think the Land Rover ones look horrible, but since I have installed my Voyager sliders with side steps I use them each and every time I get in and out of my truck. It's easier getting in and out plus you arent putting extra wear and tear on the seat sliding down the side seat bolster getting out.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a bunch of apps connected to my iPhone... But that was pretty much it. The rest was clutter in my mind.

Agreed on the clutter, not worth the effort on a typical drive.
I don't use any of the 3rd party apps on my iPhone via Bluetooth to our Odyssey, I just play the Music app for Radio streaming. This is why I'm looking forward to CarPlay as it'll be seamless for Music, Phone, and Maps, the Messages feature will be less important to me (I think until I try it).

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aw crap, going to look at '14 &'15 MDX's today for my wife...

Any other issues?

Actually, I thought it was an awesome crossover for on-pavement. Drove great. Good MPG. Very thought out use of space and storage. Generally comfortable though we had the Advance model which has, I believe, different seats and my wife with a short torso needed to sit on a pillow to drive. Really.

The Nav/Infotainment/Voice was mediocre in my mind. But I don't know how much your wife will use the Nav or Voice. Using a touch screen for nearly everything works for some, not so much for me.

But it is more of a street/freeway car which may be exactly what your wife wants. I took some long road trips and it was great. Dynamic cruise, Lane Keeper Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring - all were useful on long drives.

Were it not for my interesting in going off road and wanting something more appropriate to operate out of when I'm in the woods I would have stayed with the MDX.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Great, now you'll have to take them off if you just dont like the looks of the side steps or if you want to go offroading.

So in their, currently, most off road/LR heritage worthy vehicle (for NA market), no V8 offering at least as an option, no 18 inch wheel options, gear shifter lever not being brought back for my15, etc. Thats it, its official, LR is no more LR anymore. All in a sudden for their existing customers LR themselves have opened up other options to look into when they decide to purchase their next vehicle. Way to go TATA. A vehicle that was a perfect potential to go head to head against the LX570 in terms of room, power, off road capability, luxury, rugged platform/chassis, etc, you have just dumbed it down even more and have essentially killed it, and the fruit we all are waiting for is the "new age of discovery" in the form of a Ford Explorer. Perfect. There is a reason why Toyota have not messed with the LX570 chassis/platform for several years now.

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda waiting for a soccer ball and convertible baby car seats to become standard on MY16.

Full press release from LRNA:

http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-us/land-rover/news/2014/06/lr_2015_lr4/

Someone ought to spoof the LR adds that usually go something like, "Where did you go today?" and show some LR/RR off in some lovely remote area. You could just use the same slogan but "people" (I don't want to be sexist here) getting out of the car at the mall, at the soccer field, etc.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone ought to spoof the LR adds that usually go something like, "Where did you go today?" and show some LR/RR off in some lovely remote area. You could just use the same slogan but "people" (I don't want to be sexist here) getting out of the car at the mall, at the soccer field, etc.

and dont forget the closeup shot of one of the front wheels coming to a stop, 23 inch wheel with 0.5 inch of sidewall that is.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM