2016 LR4 Height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alchern

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have purchased a new-to-me Land Rover LR4 (2016). It is in Toronto and I need to get it to Thunder Bay. I am having a heck of a time getting someone to transport it to me as soon as possible. I have potentially found someone with an enclosed trailer, but his maximum height at the door is 6'3" (75 inches / 190 cm). Does anyone know the height of the 2016, at its lowest suspension setting, including the normal side roof rails?

Also, if the vehicle is loaded into the trailer at its lowest suspension setting, and then started up to unload, does the vehicle automatically attempt to go to its normal height right away? Can it be locked into its lowest setting in a way that will stay that way when powered off and back on? If not, that could be a big problem for the LR4 roof glass / roof rails, and the trailer ceiling.

Thank you everyone!

Alchern

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm guessing wheels will make a difference in height. It is currently on the 20" rims and winter tires, but I am unsure of the exact tire size.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for an LR3, but should be the same.. you can lock the truck in access mode.

1643729475752.png

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it can lock in low. The high point is the wart on the back. You should just squeeze in if tires/wheels stock. Can also deflate tires for another 1/2"

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 on 20s was exactly 6’ 2” at standard ride height would fit in the garage just barely with rails on. I usually put it in access height which was at least an inch lower. If it’s on 20s with fairly normal tires it should fit fine on with standard garage door opening.

I myself am worried once I put 18s with larger tires and a 20mm lift that it may not even fit in access mode. If it does it will be close.

Mari Gianati

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you write “normal roof rails” do you mean it doesn’t have any rack on top? Just the rails that come by default? If it has the extra rack (LR4 original but as an extra) it puts extra height as well. And yes, you can lock it at the lowest. And it will not change unless you unlock it.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you have your car's exact measurements on the upper side of the driver's vanity mirror? It should all be there, including the ANTENNA, if you have it. But then, if you go down and HOLD the button, it should lock - the padlock image will light up then. And it shouldn't suddenly raise when you start if afterwards.