2016 LR4 Landmark - Dash threads breaking near airbag - anyone else have this issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teleskier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep my truck in the garage unless I am at work where it is outside a few days a week. Dry but hot here in central Texas. I've noticed some of the treads on the leather dash are breaking where there is a seam for the airbag. Anyone else have this issue?

PoorLifeDecisions

Reaction score
I have seams coming apart around that area, more towards the windshield, carried over from the previous owner. Do you use a quality windshield sun shade, like Heat Shield? Without them even limited exposure to brutal sun rays will take its toll over time.

dash.jpg

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an issue with the upgraded leather. You can take it to the dealer and make a case for them to replace it as it is a known defect. I was able to get them to pay for the entire dash but I had to pay for the labor. Don't stop trying though, it's possible...you just need to have them submit a claim to LR and they are not very willing to do it so they will give you a a lot of excuses.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM