95 disco, no high beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHirishrover

Reaction score
ok, lets put our heads together on this one. my high beams intermittently started to not work a week or two ago, you would switch back to lows, then high again, and it would work fine. now my high beams stopped altogether. the indicator comes on for a second if you hold the switch back, the high beams come on, but when you release the lever they shut off. switch back to low beams, lows are fine. back to high, the lights go high, then as soon as you release the stalk, they shut off completely. i took the headlight switch completely apart, cleaned all the contacts (and, yes, i did put it back together correctly). i'm wondering if the high beam has a relay or is it controlled through a digital controller somewhere? ive been trying to find a relay related to the lights in the Rave CD but i am missing it. is there one on my rig? side note. while looking at relays in the lower right footwell, i noticed one of the relays (its a black one with large terminals) was completely corroded and rusty inside, falling apart. it doesnt seem to affect anything on the truck. is it a seat warmer relay or electric seat relay (neither of which i have installed). just wondering...anyway. Help. thanks!:tongue:

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read your post over again (2) times.

If you pull the sw back, the high beams work - when you let go, they go off.
If it does that consistantly, My money's on the switch.

I've had mine out several times, it's almost easy, but I once did put one of the sliding contacts in backwards (once.)

I also built up the contacts with 90/10 solder & filed pretty. (last year)

I'd visit the switch again
luck,greg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
agree probably a bad switch

NHirishrover

Reaction score
well, Ill try a junkyard switch, i suppose something could just be worn down too much. i agree, quite easy to take out. mines been out 4 times now, checking various things along the way. thanks for the input. ill let you know when i change it out.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, Ill try a junkyard switch, i suppose something could just be worn down too much. i agree, quite easy to take out. mines been out 4 times now, checking various things along the way. thanks for the input. ill let you know when i change it out.

This is why I snagged a switch / wiper addembly of the 95 at pick N Pull just in case.
My dad called the D1 the "Limey Lemon".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72