Accesory Drive belt(s) replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced both accessory belts, the primary acc belt tensioner and the primary acc belt idler pulley today. I followed the Atlantic British video on utube, but I would suggest one additional step.

As they show the coolant overflow tube that crosses atop the fan shroud, left to right facing the vehicle, the gentleman leaves this hose hanging freely while the belts are replaced. I would suggest that you remove this little hose, because in its natural state it has no stress on the little plastic ****** that sticks out from the radiator right side, left side if you face the vehicle, which leads to the overflow bottle.
I did not remove this line as per the video and as the weight of the coolant inside the line and I probably/may have hit it while attempting to get the viscous fan off, I broke this little ****** off the plastic side of the radiator. Really wish I would have removed the line prior cause the ****** broke off about 10mm from the radiator. I am attempting an epoxy repair of this due to it breaking inside the hose.
I am sure removing this hose could have saved me from breaking the ******. This a day before an 1600 mile drive to Chicago this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72