Lr4 5.0 serpentine belt issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alls well that ends well.

By the way, what led you to replacing the power steering pump?
Made the mistake of bringing the car to mavis for brake flush and tire rotation. Seemed like basic tasks. They got that right. But while there, they "complimentary topped off fluids". That was nice, until 2 weeks later I realized there was a ps leak. They filled the ps reservoir with coolant. Caused the pump to leak.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news that it’s going again. Happy motoring.

If anybody needs a belt replacement then Daytona is your guy. Fastest belt wrangler in the west.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made the mistake of bringing the car to mavis for brake flush and tire rotation. Seemed like basic tasks. They got that right. But while there, they "complimentary topped off fluids". That was nice, until 2 weeks later I realized there was a ps leak. They filled the ps reservoir with coolant. Caused the pump to leak.
I had this with an E39 M5, complementary top off was oil in the brake master cylinder reservoir. Took a while to show up. Then a gradual loss of power and the classic brake smell. Pulled off the motorway and the front rotors were a beautiful shade of blue and smoking.

I feel your pain.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some closure, the car is up and running again.

It goes without saying...double check your diy installs.

My entire problem came down to a slightly improper ps install. Causing the belt to break, damage wiring, fan, coolant hoses, and sensors along the way.
My arrogance caused me to think my ps pump install wasn't the issue; Ended up it was. Lesson learned. Glad to have my car running again.
Gee, that kind of thing has never happened to me! ;)

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't be so ******* yourself. That it lasted a few miles really threw it off. ;)

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nonsense. You’re a terrible home mechanic and must sell the LR immediately at a rock bottom price to me so I have a spare when I bodge something up on mine. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut