Access Denied...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJBART

Reaction score
So, I'm in a great mood just got back from my vacation ready and eager to start my work week. I approach my 00' disco II 118k hit the button on my key remote to realize the truck is dead, my remote is not opening the doors and to make matters worse the latch on the drivers side is broke so I can't open the truck manually either. So would a dead battery (in the vehicle, I just change the battery in my key) cause this? and since I can't open the truck manually how am I to get a jump without opening the hood? -Dan

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Open the passenger door with the key?

DJBART

Reaction score
You can only open manually through drivers side, there's no key hole on any other doors including the rear.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I keep forgetting the D2 doesn't have the key holes in the other doors...

In this case... Not sure how I would handle it, but I know I would probably get in through the hood to the battery :) but I don't mind cutting cables when I have to.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about DII's, can you reach the starter cable from underneath & charge bat from that?

luck,greg

DJBART

Reaction score
Yes, a friend of my jumped it via the starter from underneath the vehicle, what a mess it took me two days to get out of this one. This forum is awesome thanks for all the input guys! -Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635