"Access Level of EAS"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lkmize

I was under the belief that when the truck (Stock '99 RR 4.6 HSE owned for 3 weeks) was in its lowest suspension position (Access Mode) that it was supposed to be resting on its "bump stops", however I have noticed that the truck tilts slightly to the driver-side back when in this mode due to the front passenger-side bump stop stopping about one inch above the axle. I thought this is probably a sensor until a RR owner said that it wasn't ever supposed to go down to its bump stops unless something is wrong, ie - the other 3 airbags are deflating too much and only that one works properly, which sounds like a stretch. I have combed the manual and it did not expressly say where the bump stops should be in this mode, so I am again, trying to get a handle on what "should be". Other than the other items I have mentioned in other threads I think that this should get me past most of the learning curve for this thing.

N

napotnik

The only time the Range Rover should touch the bump stops is never. The only time the Range Rover will touch the bump stops is when you hit a bump pretty hard and that's is why they are there.. or when the air bags are not operating right. ie. they have failed to hold air and so the vehicle rests on the stops or they are not operating correctly and the system probably needs to be recalibrated by a dealer (expensive). The cheapest and most reliable alternate would be to convert your Rangie to coil suspension. It is a much smoother ride and never fails. I've done it with two range rovers so far. a classic lwb and an SE. It is very much worth it. The parts can be bought at Atlantic British 8005332210 and any mechanic can do the job as Atlantic British includes instructions on how to do the operation correctly.

Cheers

L

lkmize

Thank you for the information, although I am disappointed in the news. I have contacted a local mechanic that services Rangies and he quoted me $1,500 for the conversion (in Mississippi). Is this reasonable? I would think I would be able to have the entire air suspension re-worked for that amount. He also agreed it should not be going to its stops.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM