Adaptive Headlight ECU Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey dude - sorry to dig up an old thread, but after an hour or two of searching the web, I can’t seem to find this answer anywhere.

Did this work?

I have a 2015 LR4 HSE Lux which has xenon lights with signature LED, but AFS is not enabled.

If it’s possible to just buy the AFS module and hook it up, and enable with IID tool, I’m doing this asap.

I think you would need a new pair of headlights. My understanding is there are the Halogens, Xenons, and the Adaptive Xenons.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never got it to work. Still using the adaptive headlights, but the don't "adapt". Would love to hear from someone that has pulled it off.

Paxton407

Reaction score
I never got it to work. Still using the adaptive headlights, but the don't "adapt". Would love to hear from someone that has pulled it off.
How far did you get? Did you end up buying and installing the adaptive module?

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a couple of years, but IIRC, I couldn't find a place to plug the module in. I still have the module floating around my miscellaneous parts box.

I was busy as hell at the time, and put it aside and never got back around to messing with it.

Paxton407

Reaction score
It's been a couple of years, but IIRC, I couldn't find a place to plug the module in. I still have the module floating around my miscellaneous parts box.

I was busy as hell at the time, and put it aside and never got back around to messing with it.
Any chance you want to part with that module? I'd be willing to pick up the torch here and see if I can make this happen for all of those interested.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I have the Vision Package with adaptive lighting. If I remember, I'll check where that module would be located on my '11.

KeninNC

Reaction score
Similar situation:

2015 HSE Lux.

Purchased used with little records and both headlights broken from a wreck.

The adaptive headlight orange warning light came was on when I purchased it so I assumed it had adaptive headlights.

Best price on-line was a left with adaptive and right without. I thought I would be able to just turn off adaptive using the IID tool.

It was already turned off.

Left side with Adaptive does not throw a code, Right side without adaptive throws a code.

Next, I'd like to unplug the adaptive control module for the right and see if that will get rid of the orange warning light.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked in the Work Shop Manual.
The Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) control module is mounted on the passenger side, at the right side of the glove box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72