Additional spare tire...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone need the factory donut spare tire? I have a spare one and don't need it.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have asked here, too, when I swapped mine out for a FSS. I asked my shop guys if they had any use for it or if they thought it had any resale value. They just pointed at the dumpster. I had already had an old FS spare taking up room in my garage for weeks so I didn't dare bring it home, haha.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave mine to the parts department at the dealer. They said that somebody will use it. Since donut spares don't have a tpms sensor, they get destroyed after one underinflated use.

LR4 in CO

Reaction score
I should have asked here, too, when I swapped mine out for a FSS. I asked my shop guys if they had any use for it or if they thought it had any resale value. They just pointed at the dumpster. I had already had an old FS spare taking up room in my garage for weeks so I didn't dare bring it home, haha.

Just wondering....... Does your new Full Size Spare store under the vehicle in the same place as the original donut spare?

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering....... Does your new Full Size Spare store under the vehicle in the same place as the original donut spare?

Yes, with no problem at all. It is a 255/55/19 size tire. Even larger ones will fit in that space with some modifications to the shielding around that area, or slight deflation of the tire.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. The space underneath is the same whether it is a full size or the donut. Using the donut cuts weight and cost. But many replace it.

Hey, LR4 in Colorado, I'm going to be putting my Nokian Hakkapaleta snow tires on Craig's list in a couple of weeks. There are a couple of non-CO people who are interested by I would prefer to sell to someone local so I don't have to ship. Just sayin. ;-)

LR4 in CO

Reaction score
Hey, LR4 in Colorado, I'm going to be putting my Nokian Hakkapaleta snow tires on Craig's list in a couple of weeks. There are a couple of non-CO people who are interested by I would prefer to sell to someone local so I don't have to ship. Just sayin. ;-)

Right now, I have summer tires on my LR4. I think the Hakkapaleta tires should only be used during the cold weather months. Don't have anywhere to store an extra set of tires during their 'off season,' so I may have to put on Nokian WR G3 tires so that I can run the same rubber all year.

Where are you located?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM