After market Tire Pressure Monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chomondely

Reaction score
I just installed an aftermarket tire perssure monitoring systems called Retro-Fit TPMS manufactured by Schrader-Bridgeport International. I bought the system at Discount Tire. The systems consists of four wheel sensors that replace the valve stems, a receiver module and a LED display. Discount Tire installed the wheel sensor when I replaced the much maligned GY HP factory tires. Discount Tire then balanced the new tires with the new sensors in place. Discount Tire would not do the electrical hook up. I took it to a friend who easily completed the installation. Most of the time was spent hiding the wire from the display to the reciever module. The receiver module is then wired to the fuse panel.
The system works great! The numerical display alternates between tire pressure and temperature and also identifies the location of the tire on the vehicle. An alarm will sound if the pressure drpos more than 25% from the value set during the installation process. I will check the pressure accuracy against a good gauge shortly.
The temperature sensor corresponds with the temperature displyed on the vehicle when cold. I was surprised at how much the temperature increases when drinving. I drive a 2006 LR3 6 cylinder with 26,000 miles.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
How much did you pay for this system, I have been thinking of selling an after market tire pressure monitor in my web store that just goes where the valve stem cover goes, so you can easily change position of the tires if rotated.

Thanks in advance,

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it measuring the air temp inside the tire?

If you intentionally deflate your tires for off roading, is it easy to clear the 25% alarm?

chomondely

Reaction score
cost & temp

The unit was $200.00 plus an hour of labor for installation at my friend's shop.
The unit measures the temperature inside the tire.
You do have the ability to cancel the alarm if you deflate the tire.
I would keep the insructions in the vehicle, not in your garage. You can also set your own custom value for the alarm. The default is 25% of the normal pressure.

chomondely

Reaction score
Ill try to get some over the weekend. I'm out of town for a few days.

chomondely

Reaction score
My unit has a different display, probably an older version. Same concept.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4