Aftermarket, frame attached hitch and a full spare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a frame-attached, aftermarket, Class 3 hitch that I can put on my LR4 and NOT have to remove the full size spare? I'll receive my Curtis hitch from Amazon on Friday but before I go through the headache of finding a different way to carry my full size spare I want to make one last appear for a hitch that doesn't force this.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw at least 2 Lr4s with after market class iii frame hitches when I was looking. I'm sorry but I didn't pay attention to the brands but it seemed that the spare was still in place.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the smaller, donut, temp spare works. It is just the full size. I wonder if, since I have 18' wheels, I could take the air out of the full size spare and make it fit. I would still need to air up but that just means keeping my compressor with me (or going to a permanently mounted one) which may be an easier fix than lugging around fully inflated tire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM